Related parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Related parents

My parents were 2nd cousins. As a female, I have taken the family finder autosomal test. I am wondering if this could skew my results? If so, what impact could it have on my matches? I am new to DNA testing so please help me understand what I should expect or consider when evaluating my matches. thanks!

Your matches relationship range would tend to show up closer that what they really are because of the double dose from your ancestral lines.

Comment

Originally posted by tlgarrison View Post
      Your matches relationship range would tend to show up closer that what they really are because of the double dose from your ancestral lines.
      @Yapper, so your parents share one of their great-grandparents family. Only matches in that line will be showing up closer.

Comment

dna is right, I should have been more specific. 2nd cousins share great grandparents so their ancestral lines would be the ones that would tend to show up with a closer relationship range.

Comment

With cousins, definitely. But with your parents, I believe it should show up as a normal parent to child relationship. Not like one parent will show more than 50%.

Comment

Working...
          X