Puzzling match need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzling match need help

My dad and I tested on both Ftdna. I also tested on 23and me. I matched a lady who had an unknown father on 23 and me. I asked her to download her info to Ftdna to compare with dad. She matched him and of course matches me BUT she additionally matches me on the X chromosome. She did not match me there on 23and me. So does she really match me on the X chromosome or is it some quirky mistake? If she does match me on the X chromosome does that mean she would match my dad's maternal line? Just trying to help her search and make it easier for me. She matches both dad and I as2-4 cousins. Any help would be appreciated!
    Debbie

Need more information. What is the degree of the match? How many segments and cM of each segment match on autosomal and X?

Comment

Hope this is the info

Total CentiMorgans (cM): 57.67859
      Shared DNA Segments: 13
      Predicted Relationship: 3rd Cousin
      Variance Range: 2nd Cousin - 4th

Vanessa G. matches you on chromosome X from position 50132710 to 67881743 for a total of 6.1 cM.
      Vanessa G. matches you on chromosome X from position 33039414 to 37918950 for a total of 5.21 cM.
      Vanessa G. matches you on chromosome 3 from position 9910263 to 32357752 for a total of 31.17 cM.
      Vanessa G. matches you on chromosome 2 from position 8674 to 3101877 for a total of 5.45 cM.

Comment

Your X shared regions are probably too small to be genealogically relevant. That is, the shared ancestors are too far in the past for you to find.

Your large shared region on chr3 is likely the only one from a recent shared ancestor.

Comment

Working...
        X