What does all this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does all this mean?

Please forgive me for asking these questions. I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I cannot spend a lot of time on the computer because RSI (repetative strain injury). I recently submitted my eldest brother's DNA for a Y test and we just got the results; however, my questions pretain to *my& mtDNA test I had done back in 2003.

Please tell me what all of these things are supposed to mean:
    MDKO
    Match total (match to what)
    Country total
    Percentage Total
    Comment (Ashkenazi, Mizrachi,etc)

I know that FTDNA provides a "book" of sorts on this site, but it is all Greek to me.

It looks like my DNA started our in Africa and took the scenic route through parts of the Middle East, Eastern and Western Europe. Oh yes, when you have a country that says "United States" what does refer to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jan

Originally posted by jebfalvey View Post
    MDKO
    Match total (match to what)
    Country total
    Percentage Total
    Comment (Ashkenazi, Mizrachi,etc)
    Click the blue Page Help button at the top of the Ancestral Origins page -- that will explain most of these. The two that may not be explained:

MDKO: Most Distant Known Ancestor
    Ashkenazi/Mizrachi: These are different groups within the Jewish population. Ashkenazi are Eastern European Jews. Mizrachi are Jews from modern Middle East countries.

Originally posted by jebfalvey View Post
    Oh yes, when you have a country that says "United States" what does refer to?
    Only those with Native American ancestry should have entered United States as their ancestral origin. However, sometimes customers misunderstand and write US if that's the furthest back they've been able to trace so far, even if their origin is really in Europe.

You may wish to watch our webinars, especially if that's easier for you than clicking around our website to find information. See the link in my signature below.

Elise

Comment

Working...
    X