• Wolfie
    replied
    Thank you for the suggestion!

Leave a comment:

• hodgept
    replied
    http://dnaadoption.com/

will help you on your search

If you join the yahoo group dnaadoption there are search angels who will help you also.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfie
    replied
    Thanks Tommy, I sent another message here but it seems to have "vanished"

Leave a comment:

• Wolfie
    replied
    Thanks, Tommy.

Looking online, I found several "Genetic Genealogists" who will interpret your results for a fee. One of them is a scientist, and well-published in peer-reviewed journals.

I am not sure he would be able to tell me anything further.

Leave a comment:

• tommypeters
    replied
    It's not really a fault of Oracle and the other routines, autosomal data is not inherited in a 100% straight-forward way - and you can't know how much German the "Greek father" or Greek the "German/American father" has inherited...

So much is "up for interpretation", which is what these routines do, so even if that's the best we can get I don't think it's really good enough. If someone thinks/knows they have European ancestry they are adviced to run a Eurogenes routine. Which is weighted to show that you have European ancestry...

So, if you will ask some "experts" of what can be read from your autosomal data, don't tell them that you suspect you may be of greek ancestry. That will raise the possibility of them coming to the conclusion that you are half-greek. Not that they will "cheat", but they will often begin with checking "can she be greek as she suspects?" and when they find it's possible it's harder to find that there may be a larger possibility for another etchnicity.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfie
    replied
    Yes, there are living children of both men.

So, you don't feel that the Oracle, or other ethnicity tests are accurate?

Thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• tommypeters
    replied
    That is however what it can be used for, as you write, which is most probable and therefore better to select for asking about a test.

Leave a comment:

• tommypeters
    replied
    No known children, children of brothers/sisters?

I have checked several different of the Eurogenes/Oracle and so on and they all give me results that differs so much I can't say I trust them much...

You can probably get to it being a 70%-30% chance for one of them, but I wouldn't read anything more into the results.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfie
    replied
    Also, before I ask the possible half-siblings to do the tests, I would need to have a better idea as to which of the two groups of half-siblings might truly be related to me.

It is a difficult situation to approach strangers and ask such a thing. So, I would rather be closer to knowing which is likely the father before I can get up the courage to make such a request.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfie
    replied
    Searching for my biological father reply

I am a female, and the Y test won't work for me.

I do realize that GEDMATCH can't PROVE who my biological father was, but it might be able to give me a good indication. Since I know for sure it was one of two men...and I know the ethnicity of both of the men, which is quite different (German-American vs Greek).

None of the parties involved can be tested, as they are all long dead.

Leave a comment:

• tommypeters
    replied
    I see now that your name is Paula, that means you are probably not male...

Then an autosomal test of possible fathers/close relatives to them is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• tommypeters
    replied
    There is no way that the Oracle results, FTDNA Origins, GEDMATCH, Ancestry matchings or anything else based on just your own test can prove who is your father, even if there's only two persons to choose from.

You need to do autosomal tests of as close relatives as possible of these possible fathers, if they themselves aren't available.

Your "Wolfie" doesn't 100% indicate if you're a male, but if you are a Y-DNA test of yourself and these fathers (or known sons of them) can make it more sure. And especially a Y-DNA test can tell you if it's impossible for a person to be your father.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    Have you considered ordering a Y-DNA test as well?

Leave a comment:

• Wolfie
    started a topic Searching for my biological father

Searching for my biological father

Hello,

If anyone out there can help me interpret my GEDMATCH World-22 Oracle results, it would be greatly appreciated.

I know that my biological father is one of two men, one of which was Greek, and the other an American of German ancestry.

Looking at my ethnicity on GEDMATCH, I found a large percentage of Mediterranean. However, there was a good sized percentage of the same on my half-sister's results (we have different fathers). For reference, our mother was mostly Scots-Irish and English. I asked some folks on Anthrogenica if they would take a look at both of our ethnicity results, and two responded that my father was likely the Greek, and my sisters results were more Western European. I am very confused, and would like to know for sure...because each of these men have other children, who would be my half-siblings, and I hope that one day I would get to know them, or at least know who my biological father was.

I do not look Greek, or at least not what I imagine most Greeks look like. I am fair-skinned, with blue eyes and blonde hair. However, I realize it could still be possible that I am part Greek.

If anyone could help, or suggest someone who might be able to help interpret the results, I would truly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Wolfie
Working...
X