Looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice

I had my mtdna tested. My results are Haplogroup H*, HVR1- 16519C, HVR2- 263G, 309.1C, 315.1C, 499A, 524.1C, 524.2A. I received most of my results over a year ago. My results have no matches and seem to have no real information to work with. I was born in Portugal, which makes it pretty clear that I am European. But, it seems that the only information that I have gotten from my results is that I am European. That I knew. I thought by having my H subclade test done it would give a little more information. But, I fall into H* and so now I know I am a H that doesn't fall into any of the H subclades. I am willing to take more tests, but I'm concerned that it will continue to generate results that don't offer any usable information. Should I try taking another test?
    I am also some what surprised that the DNA that is closests to mine are not from people from Portugal. Does anyone have any input on my results?
    Thanks.

sometimes people just have an uncommon lineage. you happen to be one of them. you may be helping someone in the future. you know where your country of origin is. someone else who does not know may be helped by you if they match you. you can have relatives test for Y or MtDNA, to get other lineages. you may get matches in the future. i started out with 8 matches (about 9 months ago), now i have over 30.
    Last edited by bobr; 12 January 2006, 11:18 AM.

Comment

derinos

At the risk of seeming brash, I suggest that expecting "I was born in Portugal" to predict a narrow choice of MtDNA lineage is no more tenable than "I was born in Europe". Or perhaps, these days, America.

At this end of the multi-decamillennial course of a MtDNA lineage, Portugal, for most of the past millenium has been a major navigating power with a widely drawn, if minority, population of self-selected and puissant immigrants, from Europe, Africa, and near and far Asia.
      You are fortunate in having an interesting quest to follow the possible viagem of your H haplogroup to Lusitania.

Comment

Originally posted by 27115
        I had my mtdna tested. My results are Haplogroup H*, HVR1- 16519C, HVR2- 263G, 309.1C, 315.1C, 499A, 524.1C, 524.2A. I received most of my results over a year ago. My results have no matches and seem to have no real information to work with. I was born in Portugal, which makes it pretty clear that I am European. But, it seems that the only information that I have gotten from my results is that I am European. That I knew. I thought by having my H subclade test done it would give a little more information. But, I fall into H* and so now I know I am a H that doesn't fall into any of the H subclades. I am willing to take more tests, but I'm concerned that it will continue to generate results that don't offer any usable information. Should I try taking another test?
        I am also some what surprised that the DNA that is closests to mine are not from people from Portugal. Does anyone have any input on my results?
        Thanks.
        HVR1 Haplogroup
        H2b

HVR1 differences

from CRS
        16129A

HVR2 differences

from CRS
        152C

263G

309.1C

315.1C

Comment

Jim what does your info mean?

Jim,
          Not to sound stupid, but this is not my feild. What are you telling me with your post? Also, in my looking for matches a few weeks ago I ran into a posting by you. You had some ones results and was asking what anyone made of it. The results had alot of my mutations. Unfortunately, I don't know what I did with that page for reference. Do my results ring a bell to you?
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
            HVR1 Haplogroup
            H2b

HVR1 differences

from CRS
            16129A

HVR2 differences

from CRS
            152C

263G

309.1C

315.1C
            this means i went to post and i dont memorize this so i clicked reply and got distractd comming back later to see it posted itself.
            but i forgot what the post was.i recognized some of the numbers and needed to check them .if i had looked i would of seen the differences and not made the post.

Comment

Originally posted by 27115
              Thanks.
              Denning H7 519C /////263G,315.1C

my sons [wifes] mtdna this means somewhere back there you two are related but then your lady went and had extra mutations .isnt that just like a lady.I can tell you this he has 1350 Matches were found, 25 are shown below and hrv2 is 84 Matches were found, 25 are shown below me i have Low Resolution (HVR1) Matches (22) High Resolution (HVR1+HVR2) Matches (1)
              so your ladies got around more then mine he is h7 mine i h2a

Comment

Originally posted by derinos
                At the risk of seeming brash, I suggest that expecting "I was born in Portugal" to predict a narrow choice of MtDNA lineage is no more tenable than "I was born in Europe". Or perhaps, these days, America.

At this end of the multi-decamillennial course of a MtDNA lineage, Portugal, for most of the past millenium has been a major navigating power with a widely drawn, if minority, population of self-selected and puissant immigrants, from Europe, Africa, and near and far Asia.
                You are fortunate in having an interesting quest to follow the possible viagem of your H haplogroup to Lusitania.

actually yours is better the most as is my wifes from san danato frosinone italy. where 4 men and 4 women probably started the town. and they intermarried for 2000 years . then they moved in mass to a four square block in brighton ma called buggs village. all people straight from san danato
                wanna bet the mtdna runs straight thru there.i am
                the same would be for an inland Portugise or lithuanian town

Comment

One thing you can do with your Haplogroup information is surf the internet for studies done regarding people in your Haplogroup. I have found studies about athletic ability, longevity, ethnicity, diseases etc, regarding my Haplogroup and I think it's really interesting.

Kelley

Comment

Working...
                  X