R1b haplogroup predictor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1b haplogroup predictor

When I received my 12 marker results haplogroup R1b was predicted. I have ordered the haplogroup test.

Looking at the "recent ethnic origins" tab I have 28 exact 12 marker matches.

Looking at the "haplogroup" tab I have 3 exact 12 marker matches.

Does the "haplogroup" tab only include "confirmed" R1b's or did I match 25 non-R1b's under the "recent ethnic origins tab?

Also, I tried the predictor at https://home.comcast.net/~whitathey/predictorinstr.htm and got these results at 12, 25, and 37 markers.

12 marker R1b-77 Q-45 R1a-32 J2-06
    25 marker R1b-75 Q-57 R1a-29 J2-17
    37 marker R1b-76 Q-56 R1a-25 J2-24

Why did you order a haplogroup test? Seems like your results are unambiguous R1b?

The REO Database just compares you to haplotypes.

The Haplogroup tab is comparing you to actually confirmed R1bs through SNP testing as stated on the page.

So there is no disparity. The difference is only that REO entries are not confirmed but are instead inferred.

Comment

Originally posted by EBurgess
      Why did you order a haplogroup test? Seems like your results are unambiguous R1b?

The REO Database just compares you to haplotypes.

The Haplogroup tab is comparing you to actually confirmed R1bs through SNP testing as stated on the page.

So there is no disparity. The difference is only that REO entries are not confirmed but are instead inferred.
      I want confirmed results, not speculation and I'm willing to pay for results.

Comment

The probabilities are high, so I would not waste the money.

Comment

I want confirmed results, not speculation and I'm willing to pay for results.
          Fair enough.

I would just wait untill these tests can refine to more recent sub-clades, The R1b designation is really vast, but there is a high expectation that more refined testing will be available shortly.

From the info you have provided your haplotype is not a borderline case.

Comment

Hi, Can you get a little more specific on the timeframe and what will these R1b subclades tell us. Will it actually condense a origin point more closely?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackWolf
              Hi, Can you get a little more specific on the timeframe and what will these R1b subclades tell us. Will it actually condense a origin point more closely?
              I'm looking at ethnoancestry com for further testing, I know I want more info than appears to be available here at this time. I know that my y-dna line lived were clothiers in Yorkshire in 1600 and came to Massachusetts in 1638, but no documentation of who they were or where they were from before then exists. Holland, France, Germany and Portugal are possibilities as well as England.

Comment

I hope that someday soon we will be able to get subclades that can be pinned down to geography the size of a county. I don't know how realistic that is, perhaps if we get as close as the bronze age (the british one). We may be able to start talking about historical points of reference that came later.

This hope is based on the idea that some populations did stay put in one place for centuries in Europe. Even today distributions of surnames from phone directories mirror, early census distributions and some of these show strong regional affiliations. I think of the british isles as more of an outpost 2000 or 3000 years ago in contrast say to central Asia or the Levant which may have been much more diverse genetically.

Comment

Working...
                X