Sarah Glover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Glover

I am new to this group and have signed up for the forum to see if anyone in this group knows anything about Sarah Glover who was born in 1784, possibly in N. Ireland. Her father may have been named Joseph. She died Robertson County, TX on January 7, 1860 and was buried in the Owensville Cemetery in the same county. Sarah married Thomas Grant around 1800. They were first noted in the Maury County, TN records in 1815, and remained in the same area (area became Marshall County in 1836) until Thomas' death in 1838. Sarah moved with the family to Pontotoc County, MS, then to Harrison County, MS, then to Texas in the mid-1850s. Sarah had a sister named Christina, who married James Davis about 1808 in Tennessee. She died in Marshall County, TN on August 30, 1854. Since Christina was born in 1789 and noted in Census records as having been born in North Carolina, Sarah's birth in Ireland is questionable.

Sarah and Thomas had nine children: Howard, John, Richard G., Mary Margaret, Levinia, James Davis, Elizabeth, Nancy Ellender, Eliza Jane.

I am currently participating in the Grant DNA project and have several matches, but we are several generations apart on data and knowing more about Thomas and Sarah will help significantly. I have hit a brick wall and any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Allen Grant; 31 December 2005, 04:12 PM. Reason: Error found
Working...
X