• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polynesia vs. Polynesia: European admixture

The following represent three rows from my REO results:

Polynesia (97) 1
    Polynesia (97) European admixture 1
    Polynesia (97) Polynesian (European admixture) 2

I assume that represents variations in the way the data for individuals is entered. It does leave some important questions unanswered. The most obvious of these is what the distinctions really mean. Was the one Polynesian not listed as having European admixture asked if he believed he had European ancestry?

Another question is whether this represents 4 individuals, or few redundantly reported individuals. I am fairly confident that it is the former, but it's worth asking.

There are a few other cases where the categories are rather blured. United Kingdom, vs England, vs British Isles, vs Ireland, Scotland, Wales, etc. Are these terms clarified anywhere on the FTDNA site?

Originally posted by Hetware

Polynesia (97) 1

I assume that represents variations in the way the data for individuals is entered. It does leave some important questions unanswered. The most obvious of these is what the distinctions really mean. Was the one Polynesian not listed as having European admixture asked if he believed he had European ancestry?

Another question is whether this represents 4 individuals, or few redundantly reported individuals. I am fairly confident that it is the former, but it's worth asking.

There are a few other cases where the categories are rather blured. United Kingdom, vs England, vs British Isles, vs Ireland, Scotland, Wales, etc. Are these terms clarified anywhere on the FTDNA site?
    Hello, I believe they are for four individuals. If you are R1b than the individual listed Polynesia is of mixed ancestry. I have several Polynesia asmixture myself in my matches.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackWolf
      Hello, I believe they are for four individuals. If you are R1b than the individual listed Polynesia is of mixed ancestry. I have several Polynesia asmixture myself in my matches.
      I would not be stunned to find that there was some R1b in Polynesia before Magellan. I've encountered a good number of surprises regarding Asia. http://spp.pinyin.info/ Why stop there?

Comment

Well, I was also a little stunned at my Chinese Muslim matches, Central Asian and Native Siberian Russian matches.

I am a one step away match to a Native Siberian? Don't see it in the mirror, LOL.

But still those could be thousands of years ago along with all those Ashkenazi matches. Still, I have posted that I believe R1b and R1a came to Europe after the Ice Ages from Asia/Middle East. The only group native to Southwest Europe was the Basques and IMO the E3b people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hetware

Polynesia (97) 1

you may ask FT for the paper where this sample was first published

Comment

Working...
          X