Project Manager question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Manager question

what is the difference between "read only" and "limited"? I get that read only means no editing (I assume anyway) but which has more access? And what does "limited" mean? Is it limited editing?

I've done the extended (HRVI & HRVII Values, though not the full mtDNA) and the project that I am part of indicates the following: "... do these reveal any potential medical issues, and most testers choose to include these for mitochondrial DNA-project administrators. Your results, of course, will remain absolutely confidential. To open these.."

1. I would like to know how I can get access to this, if any exists (medical, migration pattern, etc)

2. I also would like to know what type of T2 I am. I know I have a few on the "rarer" side but I'm not sure how I can look at the chart and arrive to my particular mtDNA. I also know that some are considered not important so they're not counted as markers. I came to a conclusion using the chart but I was not sure if it was correct.

3. how can I find out approx how long ago was my particular mtDNA branched out.

4. It also mentions something about ticking off "CR results" but I do not see that on my page. Not sure if I already gave access and the option just disappears after that.

Finally, I'd like to give the admins as much access to my information as available and I'd like to know the any and all results. For this, I'd like to know which of the two are better for this (read only or limited) And if that's not possible, can someone tell me why I wouldn't be able to access all of the info.

I don't see much info on the group page other than the sequence (which is extensive) but I am not sure if there is more info and I just can't find it or I haven't given anyone access for me to receive it.

Thanks so much!

found an answer after posting

Disregard #4. It says in another page that anyone can join and those settings now appeared when I did. But I'd still like to participate in it.

Comment

Originally posted by janmarbol View Post
      what is the difference between "read only" and "limited"?
      See the table on this page of the myFTDNA User Guide in our Learning Center:

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...settings-page/

1. I would like to know how I can get access to this, if any exists (medical, migration pattern, etc)
      HVR1 and HVR2 results shouldn't have any medical implications, but the Coding Region (CR) might. The mtDNA Full Sequence test adds the Coding Region, so you don't have those results yet.

FTDNA doesn't analyze mtDNA results for medical implications. You can either research the information online yourself (someone may be able to recommend websites to check), or hire a consultant to research your results and provide you with a report. A member of this forum, Ann Turner, offers such reports. There may be others as well.

2. I also would like to know what type of T2 I am. I know I have a few on the "rarer" side but I'm not sure how I can look at the chart and arrive to my particular mtDNA. I also know that some are considered not important so they're not counted as markers. I came to a conclusion using the chart but I was not sure if it was correct.
      Sounds like you're looking at a chart that the admin of your particular project has posted. You'll probably need to contact that project admin directly for answers about the chart -- you should be able to find his or her email address on the front page of the project's website.

In general, mtDNA Full Sequence results are needed to determine the exact subclade of your haplogroup, but sometimes it can be predicted based on HVR1 & HVR2 results.

4. It also mentions something about ticking off "CR results" but I do not see that on my page. Not sure if I already gave access and the option just disappears after that.
      Per above, you don't have Coding Region (CR) results yet. If you decide to upgrade to mtDNA Full Sequence, you'll get the option to share your CR results with your project admin -- it'll be on the Results Display Settings page under your My Account menu.

Elise
      Last edited by efgen; 22 April 2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
        See the table on this page of the myFTDNA User Guide in our Learning Center:

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...settings-page/

HVR1 and HVR2 results shouldn't have any medical implications, but the Coding Region (CR) might. The mtDNA Full Sequence test adds the Coding Region, so you don't have those results yet.

FTDNA doesn't analyze mtDNA results for medical implications. You can either research the information online yourself (someone may be able to recommend websites to check), or hire a consultant to research your results and provide you with a report. A member of this forum, Ann Turner, offers such reports. There may be others as well.

Sounds like you're looking at a chart that the admin of your particular project has posted. You'll probably need to contact that project admin directly for answers about the chart -- you should be able to find his or her email address on the front page of the project's website.

In general, mtDNA Full Sequence results are needed to determine the exact subclade of your haplogroup, but sometimes it can be predicted based on HVR1 & HVR2 results.

Per above, you don't have Coding Region (CR) results yet. If you decide to upgrade to mtDNA Full Sequence, you'll get the option to share your CR results with your project admin -- it'll be on the Results Display Settings page under your My Account menu.

Elise
        Thank you so much. I have HVR1, 2 but not the full. I'm wondering the difference. What else would the full tell me?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Thank you so much. I have HVR1, 2 but not the full. I'm wondering the difference. What else would the full tell me?
          Thanks in advance!
          mtFullSequence will refine your list of matches to those who match you on your entire mtDNA. It will also give you a more detailed haplogroup name, if you are in any of the subclades of T2.

Elise

Comment

Working...
          X