Arranging Matches by Mutation Steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arranging Matches by Mutation Steps?

Is there a way to arrange the result data so that I can group partial matches according to the mutation path between the different hits? What I mean is that, in general, different people are going to mismatch on different different markers. Some people will, of course mismatch on the same set of markers. It seems that it could be instructive if we could organize results not just on genetic distance, but also genetic direction.

It may also be possible to organize mismatches according to the probable relative location in the phylogenetic tree. This is kind of hard to explain. Partly because I'm not really sure what I want, or how it might be done. What I mean is that some mismatches probably represent a much more likely genetic path than others. Can the data be arranged to show this?

Color Coding

I don't know the answers to your questions...I just thought I would piggy-back another question on top of yours, because it is sort of related:

Does anyone understand the color-coding scheme that is currently used by FTDNA when they return the results for the surname groups? Is there some docmentation somewhere that explains all this?

Comment

Originally posted by TSBinLV
      I don't know the answers to your questions...I just thought I would piggy-back another question on top of yours, because it is sort of related:

Does anyone understand the color-coding scheme that is currently used by FTDNA when they return the results for the surname groups? Is there some docmentation somewhere that explains all this?

http://www.familytreedna.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1201

I JUST POSTED THIS THE OTHER DAY IN SHOULD I DO THIS
      it explains it rather well i think

go to the barton dna study
      http://www.bartonsite.org/Modals/Modals.htm
      click the click here for dna results

you'll see a sea of yellow with small colored [ bedsides yellow] boxes
      the yellow is the standard for All of these men who share a common ancestor
      the small colored boxes are mutations . with corrosponding paperwork. you can see the puprle and pink line are before the common ancestor. but the rest are results of branches mutating. normally according to terry barton these indicate where some group left the others and went to a different location.it has gotten so that terry can look at the haplotypes and tell you where on the tree you belong and where the location is yours came from [proabably]

Comment

Working...
      X