Question: How to contact a match with no email listed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: How to contact a match with no email listed

We have a possible DNA match with same Surname but participant doesn't list email, location or contact information. The other person tested for DNA12 and we are an exact match per the match filter.

How can we compare data or contact each other? Will FamilyTree contact the person for us?

Many thanks for your help.

Surname Payne
    Kit: 210978

You could ask FTDNA to try contacting the person for you.

They did this for me when an email address on an interesting match bounced as invalid. Turns out FTDNA had an alternative email address on file. (Match did not respond, but at least FTDNA gave it a try on my behalf.)

But also be aware that some people do not want to be contacted. Beats me why they test, but it's still their right to privacy.

Comment

Lucky you. I have previously asked the helpdesk if they might be able to assist in passing on a contact query to matches who were not showing an e-mail address and received a reply that FTDNA does not offer this service. Perhaps time that they had a consistent policy in response to this type of request for help.

Comment

----------
        Last edited by Silfur; 24 March 2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for replies.

Perhaps we will contact FT and ask that they provide our email address to the participant. Maybe they were just validating their DNA with other family members. We are eager to find our ancestors through this process.

Comment

Originally posted by paynevj View Post
            We have a possible DNA match with same Surname but participant doesn't list email, location or contact information. The other person tested for DNA12 and we are an exact match per the match filter.

How can we compare data or contact each other? Will FamilyTree contact the person for us?

Many thanks for your help.

Surname Payne
            Kit: 210978
            Correction: Kit #320978

Comment

Hello there I have a match on family finder that is my 3rd cousin .i contacted ftdna tree ,they told me to get in contact with the email she posted on there
              Profile but that email isnt the person email she is a Cohen can anybody out there tell me if she my real 3rd cousin Thank

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                Hello there I have a match on family finder that is my 3rd cousin .i contacted ftdna tree ,they told me to get in contact with the email she posted on there
                Profile but that email isnt the person email she is a Cohen can anybody out there tell me if she my real 3rd cousin Thank
                Did you try to contact your match through the e-mail given? Sometimes several family members will let one member act as a representative for them so all e-mails end up going to that person.

That's how my brother and I handle it. He loaned me his DNA but doesn't want to be bothered by questions as he really has no interest in genealogy.

Comment

Hi

Yes I did wrote to the email but didn't receive responds ......I look at the email online to see who it belong to but It direct me to. [email protected] I think it belong to a computer company correct me if I'm wrong thank for your interest in helping with ...

Comment

That email address has a Facebook account so it seems to be a valid address...

https://www.facebook.com/yvette.cohen.14?fref=ts

Comment

Working...
                    X