Proving lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proving lines

I am in need of some advice - my cousin and I have a mystery to figure out, and we are wondering if another DNA test can tell us more information. Our grandmothers were supposedly full sisters. However after finding some information stating that my grandmother might have had a different father, we are wondering what test we can take to determine if we share both greatgrandparents, or only the greatgrandmother. Does anyone have any idea if there is a DNA test that could tell us this?

Thank you for your time!

Tanya Mai

You don't mention what tests you have already taken. I would suggest both of you taking FAMILY FINDER if you have not already.

If grandmothers are full sisters, then you are second cousins. According to FAQ, there is c 99% chance that will be reflected in the test (for 3rd cousin, drops to 90%, for 4th cousin to 50%).

Not sure what the term is for grandchildren of half-siblings, but I would bet the DNA in-common is generally less. Anybody know what relationship range FTDNA would likely show if they are half-siblings? Or ??

Comment

Working...
    X