Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find modal haplotypes for N and its subclades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On ysearch

I have uploaded my result to Ysearch.org. You will find it under haplogroup N3. As I remember we had a difference of 5 or 6 on the 25.

I recommend all N haplogroup bearers to upload their gedcom, especially in Scandinavia since we are still relative few in FTDNA database. I also recommend as many as possible to take higher resolution test.

Comment

N3a and N3*

http://hpgl.stanford.edu/publication...v290_p1155.pdf

http://ycc.biosci.arizona.edu/nomenc...stem/fig1.html

I found this paper that testet N3a and N3*, Table 1. The Saami have only N3a and none of the other subclades. In this paper however the Finns is not testet for SNP. The Mari and Udmurts have some N3*. N3a is also seen in the Ukraines and the Turks and the Slovaks. Hopefully this is helpful for you Svein.

In this paper Eu14 is N3a and Eu13 is N3*.

Comment

"N3 or not N3, that is the question!"

Have only scanned the Stanford article so far, but it looks interesting. Does the high % of EU7 & EU8, HG I, correspond to your previously stated distibution of Hg in the Saami population?

Just to let you know I have ordered my SNP test with Ethnoancestry, but obviously it will take some time as they will have to send me the sample kit etc. Will keep you posted. Care to make a bet on N* or N3?!!!!

Comment

In this paper the I1a is higher than in the other research papers, I1a is around 25% in the later papers. This is probably because this paper is an earlier one. This spesific data may have been included in later papers with newer data and more samples. They often gather all available data from earlier papers in the new paper in additional to their own data.

I feel quite sure you N3a as this is seen much among even the Slovaks and the Ukraines. N3* is more common in Siberia it seems, cannot however involve myself in bets involving more than my "hounor"

Originally posted by Svein Davidsen
          Have only scanned the Stanford article so far, but it looks interesting. Does the high % of EU7 & EU8, HG I, correspond to your previously stated distibution of Hg in the Saami population?

Just to let you know I have ordered my SNP test with Ethnoancestry, but obviously it will take some time as they will have to send me the sample kit etc. Will keep you posted. Care to make a bet on N* or N3?!!!!

Comment

Finnic bottleneck article

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/reprint/93/21/12035.pdf

An analysis of Y-chromosomal haplotypes in
            several European populations reveals an almost monomorphic
            pattern in the Finns, whereas Y-chromosomal diversity is
            significantly higher in other populations. Furthermore, analyses
            of nucleotide positions in the mitochondrial control
            region that evolve slowly show a decrease in genetic diversity
            in Finns. Thus, relatively few men and women have contributed
            the genetic lineages that today survive in the Finnish
            population. This is likely to have caused the so-called "Finnish
            disease heritage"-i.e., the occurrence of several genetic
            diseases in the Finnish population that are rare elsewhere. A
            preliminary analysis of the mitochondrial mutations that have
            accumulated subsequent to the bottleneck suggests that it
            occurred about 4000 years ago, presumably when populations
            using agriculture and animal husbandry arrived in Finland.

Comment

Working...
            X