Ysearch.org maintence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ysearch.org maintence

Ysearch.org been showing me maintence is being down, been over 36 hours or so.

Anyone else having troubles? Maybe I have a DNS server problem.

Same boat here. Down for maintenance.

Comment

Ysearch captcha security - A ROYAL pain

I hope they do something to make the Ysearch captcha security more user friendly. If I said what I really think about the current system I would be removed from the forum.

As it is I very seldomly use Ysearch. Having to enter a code once is bad enough, but having to enter different codes over and over is a royal pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
        I hope they do something to make the Ysearch captcha security more user friendly. If I said what I really think about the current system I would be removed from the forum.

As it is I very seldomly use Ysearch. Having to enter a code once is bad enough, but having to enter different codes over and over is a royal pain.
        Hi,

What do you suggest for a secure system?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
          Hi,

What do you suggest for a secure system?
          Would entering a captcha once per session be adequate from your perspective? If you're concerned about data mining or a drain on resources, maybe you could institute a timer of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
            Hi, What do you suggest for a secure system?
            1) Anything that is easier on old eyes.
            2) Don't have a new test at almost every step.
            3) The ones I have liked best are simple math problems where you supply the correct answer.

Comment

They still haven't fix it so that I can upload my Gedcom DOH!!!
              Last edited by bolinao; 21 January 2014, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                Would entering a captcha once per session be adequate from your perspective? If you're concerned about data mining or a drain on resources, maybe you could institute a timer of some sort.
                Sounds like a great idea Ann. As you are likely aware, other similar sites require a captcha to enter, but I know of no other that requires it for each and every inquiry. It becomes cumbersome, and the captchas with letters are sometimes near impossible to discern.

Comment

Working...
                X