X-DNA test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-DNA test?

I've been reading about the X-DNA test and want to get one. Is such a test listed here on this site? And if so, where do I find it?

It is now a part of the Family Finder test. If you did Family Finder you can now see the X chromosome matches in both the match list and the chromosome browser.

Comment

If you are right then it means everything written on FTDNA support pages is wrong.

And besides, why is it I get no matches? Or am I doing it wrong? Is it normal to get no matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnarlodious View Post
        If you are right then it means everything written on FTDNA support pages is wrong.

And besides, why is it I get no matches? Or am I doing it wrong? Is it normal to get no matches?
        The X-DNA has only been available in FF since the beginning of January, so it's quite new.

If you are a male, it's not uncommon to have few if any matches on the X-chromosome. See other threads about this on this forum.

Comment

Hi,

We just added showing X-Chromosome segment matches alongside existing Autosomal matches. It is a BETA feature, and we are not advertising it as part of the product just yet. We are though most interested in hearing feedback. :-)

Comment

You gotta be kidding. Now I have to decide what gender I am?

Comment

You gotta be kidding. Now I have to decide what gender I am?
              Hi,

Gender is a QA feature. People who mark themselves as female are generally not shown Y-DNA product and upgrade options though. :-) If there is anything else I may do to help, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X