Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hrodberht
    replied
    Irubak-Fascinating. I hope one day all the different subgroups can be completely described in cultural, anthropological, and historical terms so everyone can understand themselves better.
    Noaide-Thanks for trying to explain it to me. I think I understand the basic big picture, but I just need to study the symbol system and data more. If anyone else would care to elucidate the historical matrix and sequential evolutionary relationships of the Indo-European haplogroups in a lucid manner, please do.
    Eternitat-If you are speaking to me, I mean paternal Y chromosomes.

Leave a comment:

• Eternitat
    replied
    Are you talking about Y or Mitochondrial DNA?

Leave a comment:

• Noaide
    replied
    [QUOTE=Hrodberht]Additionally, it would seem that the Aryan R haplogroups have 'evolved' (assuming Darwinianism is correct) from Mongoloid or Turanian ancestors?! That would mean basically that 70 percent of the European West's genes are essentially 'mongoloid', the rest 'arabian'! That can't be right. This is all so confusing. Am I misunderstanding things here? QUOTE]

Yes you are misunderstanding

You see when the R group left the K in central-asia there was no mongoloids in this area, as far as i know they didnt even exist. Central Asia is the nursery of modern europeans and many other peoples too that migration eastwards. Today the central asians looks mongoloid because of the expansion of the east-asians westwards in later times.

The same story also apply to the N marker that expandinded into Scandinavia, East-Europa and Siberia. Today many N marker dudes in Siberia have a mongoloid look but they also probably get this in a later time, N dudes in Scandinavia f.ex look very familiar like europeans.

Leave a comment:

• Irubak
    replied
    Hey, Hrodberth!

Good questions! I am confused too and want to know the answers.

NG results say that I'm I (M170) although I expected to be G or J as I come from Georgia, the Caucasus. I can trace my ancestry till at least 1200AD as my ancestors were noblemen and they were all Georgians, and funny thing is that among all Georgians who were tested for DNA none is M170...

Leave a comment:

• Hrodberht
    started a topic Several Queries by "Green" Newbie

Several Queries by "Green" Newbie

Several questions from a newbie to genetics.

I have read somewhere that the Gravettian culture is associated with haplogroup I and the Aurignacian with haplogroup R. Are there any other such ethno-archaeological complexes associated with specific haplogroups? Furthermore, are there any studies on the specific phenotypes and cultural faculties of the various haplogroups?

From my admittedly unpainstakingly throrough research, it would seem the characteristically white/Caucasoid/Aryan haplogroups are: E3b (North African), G (Indo-Caucasian), I (Central European, Viking), J + J2 (Neolithic Middle Eastern), N (Finno-Ugric), R1b (Atlanto-Keltic), and R1a (Indo-Iranian Kurgan, Viking). Is this accurate? The haplogroups E, F, H, K, L, P, and Q seem to be borderline and could fall into several races (Semitic, Turanian, white), correct?

I am greatly interested in the time sequences and interrelationships of these lineages and haplogroups. Haplogroup I is associated with the phenotypically Nordic Vikings, yet its 'father' haplogroup F was Afro-Asiatic (not something one would imagine for a Viking) and is only distantly related to the K- and P-fathered R1b and R1a Aryans which constitute the majority in Europe. Thus, so-called Vikings from the I haplogroup turn out to be closer to Afro-Asiatics and Semitics than Nordics (!). Additionally, it would seem that the Aryan R haplogroups have 'evolved' (assuming Darwinianism is correct) from Mongoloid or Turanian ancestors?! That would mean basically that 70 percent of the European West's genes are essentially 'mongoloid', the rest 'arabian'! That can't be right. This is all so confusing. Am I misunderstanding things here?

Thanks if any one can clear up my ignorance.
    Last edited by Hrodberht; 29 November 2005, 01:42 AM.
Working...
X