Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Upgrade

hi

Ive previously has a YDNA 37 test done and it has been completed. Ive ordered the upgrade to YDNA 67 and Family finder - can you tell me if this requires more swabs to be done or if they just utilise the existing swabs?

Thanks

You probably have enough remaining sample to do the two new tests. Samples generally last through several tests.

If you'd like to check on that, write [email protected] and give them your kit number and see what they have to say.

Comment

Hi,

I started with a 37 marker test, then got a Deep Clade SNP test, then got a 67 marker upgrade, then got a 111 marker upgrade, and now I am waiting for my Big Y results, and all of that has been done from my one original swab sample of nearly three years ago.

Comment

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Ive also emailed FTDNA just to confirm

Comment

Originally posted by cerberus View Post
          Thanks, that's good to hear.

Ive also emailed FTDNA just to confirm
          And the response:

Thank you for your email. The lab will be able to run the test from the samples that were initially provided so no new sample collection is needed at this time. In the uncommon event the lab cannot complete the testing from the samples on hand they will send for a new sample collection kit at no cost. I would recommend updating the mailing address to wherever you would need extra swabs to go to in case they are needed.

Comment

Working...
          X