• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your Y DNA Swedish (from Ysearch)?

Originally posted by Leeb View Post
    Hi!
    Thanks for taking the time.
    Gonna be interesting to see if im L2 positive or negative.

I come from Se England and allways associated myself with the Anglosaxons but as i dont match anyone in my Surname group (mostly of anglosaxon decent) its going to be interesting to see what i match..

Comment

I live in Sweden but both my parents are English.

Comment

Thanks Leeb

Comment

@ Solothurn: It looks like you have really investigated your DNA as I see many test with results in your footer with your postings. As totally new to this (yes I have read the FAQ's) I am still curious how they calculate that someone is (for example) 30 % European, 60 % Asian 10 % something else? Also different tests (like Geno 2.0) show perhaps different out comes. On top of that North European Farmers, that kind of info; how do they know that kind of info. Cheers. (not sure if I can ask Q like this in this topic/thread, sorry.)

Comment

Hi

Some of my results are 'definite' due to deep testing on my paternal and maternal DNA.

However my autosomal results should be taken with a grain of salt

BGA (Biogeographical Analysis) and AIM (Ancestrally Informative Markers) Q and A is probably what you seek!

Here is a great link as it includes the information on the above

http://dna-explained.com/category/bi...-analysis-bga/

Originally posted by arthur747 View Post
            @ Solothurn: It looks like you have really investigated your DNA as I see many test with results in your footer with your postings. As totally new to this (yes I have read the FAQ's) I am still curious how they calculate that someone is (for example) 30 % European, 60 % Asian 10 % something else? Also different tests (like Geno 2.0) show perhaps different out comes. On top of that North European Farmers, that kind of info; how do they know that kind of info. Cheers. (not sure if I can ask Q like this in this topic/thread, sorry.)

Comment

Thanks, DNA-Explained looks like a pretty good website. rgds Arthur

Comment

Working...
              X