Subgroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subgroup

Hi, I recently purchased a upgrade to my Kit. Going to be tested for the R-L2 subclade.

Was wondering if anyone knows if this will take less time to be complete? As i waited 3 months for my 67 markers to be done.

Thanks!

HI Leeb

SNP testing has usually been quicker for me! Always within three weeks.

I never got notified of the result though so maybe an idea to check your homepage regularly

Originally posted by Leeb View Post
    Hi, I recently purchased a upgrade to my Kit. Going to be tested for the R-L2 subclade.

Was wondering if anyone knows if this will take less time to be complete? As i waited 3 months for my 67 markers to be done.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Solothurn!
      Thanks for the reply.
      Hopefully ill get the results in 3 weeks aswell.

Comment

Are you in the U152 project?
        http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...ection=results

Also, a 'dedicated' U152 forum is here
        http://www.anthrogenica.com/forumdis...p?120-R1b-U152

Hi Solothurn!
        Thanks for the reply.
        Hopefully ill get the results in 3 weeks aswell.

Comment

I think theres quite a big chance i fall somewhere in the U152 line as most of my matches are L2 but with a Gd of 1.

Got a quick Q if its ok..
          I also match a few r1b1a2a1a1b5b and r1b1a2a1a1b4b aswell with same Gd what does this mean?
          Thanks for your time and the links Solothurn😊

Comment

Hi Leeb

Have you been tested for U152?

When you say GD of 1, do you mean on 67 markers?

I cannot exlain a 66/67 If you match r1b1a2a1a1b5b and r1b1a2a1a1b4b at that level, as I have never seen that before!

BUT whatever your GD, if you are all SNP confirmed and are indeed of three different 'haplogroups', it is that your common ancestor is R1b-P312/R1b1a2a1a1b.

Your markers are similar by coincidence only and not GD.

Hope this helps

I think theres quite a big chance i fall somewhere in the U152 line as most of my matches are L2 but with a Gd of 1.

Got a quick Q if its ok..
            I also match a few r1b1a2a1a1b5b and r1b1a2a1a1b4b aswell with same Gd what does this mean?
            Thanks for your time and the links Solothurn��
            Last edited by Solothurn; 31 December 2013, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Sorry, my mistake

The common ancestor of U152, R1b1a2a1a1b5b and R1b1a2a1a1b4b is NOT R1b-P312/R1b1a2a1a1b.

Looking at my haplotree it would be earlier, so probably P311/R1b1a2a1a1

https://my.familytreedna.com/y-dna-haplotree_v2.aspx
              Last edited by Solothurn; 31 December 2013, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Hey again!
                Unfortunatly i currently only match 24 people on 12 markers with a genetic distance of 1.

I dont match anyone after this.
                I havent been tested for U152 but assume im positive for it as i tested positive for 312 and have matches for L2 at Gd -1.

Guess my Q is what have b4 b3 and b5 in relation as i match them all at 12 markers Gd-1.
                Thanks.

Comment

Hey again!
                  Unfortunatly i currently only match 24 people on 12 markers with a genetic distance of 1.

I havent been tested for U152 but assume im positive for it as i tested positive for 312 and have matches for L2 at Gd -1.

Guess my Q is what have b4 b3 and b5 in relation as i match them all at 12 markers Gd-1.
                  Thanks.
                  First rule of yDNA matching - don't take matches at the 12 marker level too seriously, especially when they're not exact. That basic level of testing has too low a resolution to assure any good probability of a common ancestor in the last few hundred years. That's especially the case since you're in an R1b subclade and have matches who are in different subclades - r1b1a2a1a1b5b and r1b1a2a1a1b4b.

The only exception to that rule is a match at 12 markers who has two or more uncommon marker values that you have or shares the surname or the same ancestral location or some combination of those three. Even in those cases, the strong recommendation is for both you and the match to upgrade to 37 or 67 markers, as those give you a much higher resolution.

Comment

Have you uploaded your 67 markers to Ysearch?

Hey again!

Thanks.

Comment

Hey!
                      Yes my results are uploaded to Ysearch , would be great if you checked it out.

B4P9P is my code.

Comment

Your nearest U152 is GD of 16 of 67.

You are GD of 13 of 67 with the L2 modal = R1b1a2a1a1b3c.

You are also a GD of 12 of 67 with a P312 = R1b1a2a1a1b.

I wouldn't like to say what your result will be for L2. If you are not already in it, I would certainly join the R1b1b2 project and ask for advice from admins re further testing.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/r1b1b2/

Hope this helps

Hey!
                        Yes my results are uploaded to Ysearch , would be great if you checked it out.

B4P9P is my code.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
                          Im excited to find out which group im a part off.

Comment

On the R1b1a2 project you are 'between' (confirmed with SNP)

R1b1a2a1a1b
                            R1b1
                            R1b1a2a1a1b4b

and

R1b1a2a1a1a
                            R1b1a2a1a1b3c (L2)
                            R1b1a2a1a1b4b

So you could be any of the above or something different! Hope your result comes in soon. The admins are very good at SNP direction

Thanks for the advice.
                            Im excited to find out which group im a part off.

Comment

Hi!
                              Thanks for taking the time.
                              Gonna be interesting to see if im L2 positive or negative.

I come from Se England and allways associated myself with the Anglosaxons but as i dont match anyone in my Surname group (mostly of anglosaxon decent) its going to be interesting to see what i match..

Comment

Working...
                              X