No announcement yet.

R1b Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<It seems to me i joined the Genographic Program wanting to know something about my Ancient Past. I found out the probable migration pattern of the Human race. I got a nice dvd with the Genetic Journey from out of Africa.
    A Migration map of Ma and Pa. I got my moneys worth +.>>

How long did it take for the DVD to be shipped?

Comment

I'm not sure if the Project DVD came with the test kit or if it came after??

My dna results took a couple months I think?

Comment

Originally posted by M.O'Connor
        I'm not sure if the Project DVD came with the test kit or if it came after??

My dna results took a couple months I think?
        Thank you, I was wondering. I just received my FamilyTreeDNA results by mail today. Yet, I had the results for about a month on my Internet site. I sent the results to the Genographic Project from the FamilyTreeDNA site about a month ago, and I never got a DVD. The information I got in the mail today was too elementary for me. I found better information using the raw data and search engines. I guess I was hoping for more details.

Comment

Genographic Project DVD

Originally posted by GregKiroKH
          Thank you, I was wondering. I just received my FamilyTreeDNA results by mail today. Yet, I had the results for about a month on my Internet site. I sent the results to the Genographic Project from the FamilyTreeDNA site about a month ago, and I never got a DVD. The information I got in the mail today was too elementary for me. I found better information using the raw data and search engines. I guess I was hoping for more details.
          My understanding is that you only get the DVD if you join the Genographic Project first. If you joined Family Tree DNA first and then uploaded your results to the Genographic Project, that doesn't count towards getting the DVD and whatever else Genographic Project direct participants get.

Mike

Comment

I always use Genographic Project kits over FT-DNA. They are less expensive, come with a DVDs and charts to hand out as a bribe to each distant cousin I test that does not know me but is enticed much more towards cooperating for the free DVD in addition to knowing the results!

Unlike the FT-DNA package that yields no DVD, the Genographic Project can easily be rolled over into any FT-DNA participation project or Y-Search.

National Gographic is the way to go!

Comment

Working...
            X