Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit shipping time from Sweden

Hi!

I wonder if anyone have experience about how long shipping time it can be sending a kit from Sweden to ftDNA?

I sent my kit about 2 weeks ago, and I think I missed the 1st class marker, and used normal stamp on the package.

Christmas and new year will probably delay the shipment some days further I guess.

About when can I expect that ftDNA will receive my kit?

Thanks in advance! // Peter

Hi Peter,

I don't know if my experience is about the same as far as shipping time, but I had ordered a Christmas gift from a popular U.S. retailer (not DNA kit) on Nov. 27. Shipping time was 2 to 3 weeks. I got a notice that it shipped on Dec. 2, but it didn't arrive by Dec. 23 (3 weeks). Instead, it was delivered today, unfortunately - delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.

The pertinent detail is that it was shipped from Malmö, Sweden! When I ordered, and in the notice that the order had shipped, there was no mention of my order being mailed from overseas. I thought it was being sent from within the U.S.

If your kit follows the same timing, it may take as long, or longer if the postage was not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterLarsen View Post
      Hi!

I wonder if anyone have experience about how long shipping time it can be sending a kit from Sweden to ftDNA?

I sent my kit about 2 weeks ago, and I think I missed the 1st class marker, and used normal stamp on the package.

About when can I expect that ftDNA will receive my kit?
      Hej på dej!

U.S. Postal Services is very slow, if you are familiar with Swedish Postal Services (Posten). With US Priority Mail it is usually at least 3 - 4 weeks, sometimes even more. With US Economy Class Mail, expect a month, perhaps even two?

Even with Posten's Economy Class your mail will arrive in New York from Sweden in 2 or 3 days, at least if it is not weekend, but then it can take literally weeks for your mail to arrive in Texas.

If you have a tracking number you should be able to follow your mail using U.S. Postal Service's web site.

Comment

Thank you very much KATM and perttuns! I will have to have patience then and don't expect much until later january

Comment

Originally posted by perttuns View Post
          Hej på dej!

If you have a tracking number you should be able to follow your mail using U.S. Postal Service's web site.
          Thank you so much!
          I sent my kit from Helsinki 27.12, my hit went from Finland 28.12.
          I was angry why US Post is so slow.
          Thank you for your advice - I found thru USPS web site that my kit is arrived to Houston today.

Post offices of Northern countries seem to be really too good after this experience.

Comment

it took 11 days for my kit to get to texas from scotland..

Comment

The problem seems to be in the US. I posted a kit in England 28 Dec which was a Saturday. It reached Chicago two days later which impressed me as there was a Sunday in between. According to the tracking system it is still at Chicago 9 Jan awaiting processing. Hopeless situation. Not much point in paying for it to go by a quick delivery from the UK when the US postal service sit on it for a couple of weeks before doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LynCra View Post
                The problem seems to be in the US. I posted a kit in England 28 Dec which was a Saturday. It reached Chicago two days later which impressed me as there was a Sunday in between. According to the tracking system it is still at Chicago 9 Jan awaiting processing. Hopeless situation. Not much point in paying for it to go by a quick delivery from the UK when the US postal service sit on it for a couple of weeks before doing anything.
                Hello,

Have mercy. I have heard stories of freezing toilet water in Chicago right now. These cold days trouble our USPS workers... They are not robust Finns.

Comment

Whats a few days here and there when the whole process from sending the kit to them receiving it, processing it, testing it, can take up to 3 months.

Patience is the game here.

Comment

I live in Norway Rebekah, where the toilet water doesn´t freeze even at many degrees below zero. Had to smile at your comment though. I think it must have been the postal tracking system which froze rather than the toilet water. My kit tracking has suddenly gone from stuck in Chicago to delivered in Houston. Now very curious to see how long it will be before it gets registered and processed in your systems

Comment

Working...
                    X