Privacy Settings with FamilytreeDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choff View Post
    While I appreciate the input, your comments are short sighted. Many people have different family structures and may simply not be comfortable sharing details about themselves.

In my particular case I am donor conceived and simply do not feel comfortable with matches knowing who I am without my consent, with 23andme at least it's on a case by case basis. My motivations for wanting to submit my information to familytreedna is simply to know if I have additional matches beyond what I have found on 23andme.
    Hi,

We do understand entirely. As Ann has pointed out, you can use just your initials and a Gmail type address. I do recommend putting a little bit about yourself in the profile area as it encourages responses. There is a good chance that your matches will include donor conceived half siblings down the road. Fill in for yourself what you would like to see from them when you get them as matches.

Best of luck, and may 2014 be a year of answers for all. :-)

Comment

Marietta,

As a survivor of an alcoholic step-parent, I understand how you feel insulted. I have taken action.

Originally posted by marietta View Post
      AuntyDud: Your comment" Always remember that after 6 p.m., 50% of posters are drunk" somehow attacks the integrity of this forum.

Overall, our posters with their brilliant, analytical and knowledgeable minds, who with generosity give of their time to post, deserve an apology.

And, no, your use of "cardinal rule" is not a mitigation for your unfounded comment.

Comment

Originally posted by marietta View Post
        AuntyDud: Your comment" Always remember that after 6 p.m., 50% of posters are drunk" somehow attacks the integrity of this forum.

Overall, our posters with their brilliant, analytical and knowledgeable minds, who with generosity give of their time to post, deserve an apology.

And, no, your use of "cardinal rule" is not a mitigation for your unfounded comment.
        I believe that AuntyDud is British. So, for her what's after 6 pm is still mid day for us Americans. I guess she didn't take the time difference into account when she cast nasty aspersions on posters whose comments she didn't like.

Comment

Working...
        X