Radiation impact on dna sample?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiation impact on dna sample?

My mom has just finished radiation treatments that were aimed at her tonsil area. Her skin looks like she had a major sunburn. We haven't done a dna test and I'm wondering if the dna results would still be valid or would the radiation have damaged the cells in the normal cheek swab area?

I am checking

Originally posted by PaGee View Post
    My mom has just finished radiation treatments that were aimed at her tonsil area. Her skin looks like she had a major sunburn. We haven't done a dna test and I'm wondering if the dna results would still be valid or would the radiation have damaged the cells in the normal cheek swab area?
    Hi,

I am checking with the head of our lab on this. Please do not swab her until I get an answer. I am concerned for both the sample and the risk of hurting her so soon after treatment.

Comment

Any news on radiation?

I am interested in the answer to this question as well. Just wondered if you had any answers

Comment

Originally posted by Hpykirk View Post
        I am interested in the answer to this question as well. Just wondered if you had any answers
        Hi,

I will revisit this on Monday. Somebody in the lab was asking questions.

Comment

radiation effects on sample

Did you ever get an answer on this? I assume radiation would not affect the Dna sample but wanted to make sure

Comment

Working...
          X