mtDNA Haplogroup H refinement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA Haplogroup H refinement

I got my mtDNA results back (HVR1: 16192T, 16213A; HVR2: 182T, 186A, 263G, 315.1C) and was placed in Haplogroup H. My page shows that I can order the following test to further refine my haplogroup:

mt-H -- mtDNA Haplogroup H Refinement...$89

Did anyone take this test? I thought that the HVR2 mutations would refine the haplogroup. What do you think?

interestingly, the combination of 182 and 186A in hvs2 is extremely rare outside L1c haplogroup. The only one example I've seen before is a Russian forensic sample from Kornienko et al 2004, it has CRS in hvs1 and more likely falls into H like your type. As to your hvs1 motif 192-213, it occured in a recent paper by Pereira

Evaluating the forensic informativeness of mtDNA haplogroup
    H sub-typing on a Eurasian scale, Forensic Science International 2005

and was not classified though checked for most of the H subclades:

CAU33
    Caucasus
    H*
    192-213
    (only hvs1 between 16024 and 16365)

I recommend you to mail Dr Pereira to ask what was exactly the list of markers this sample was checked for.
    Last edited by vraatyah; 19 November 2005, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
      I got my mtDNA results back (HVR1: 16192T, 16213A; HVR2: 182T, 186A, 263G, 315.1C) and was placed in Haplogroup H. My page shows that I can order the following test to further refine my haplogroup:

mt-H -- mtDNA Haplogroup H Refinement...$89

Did anyone take this test? I thought that the HVR2 mutations would refine the haplogroup. What do you think?
      mtdna x is in the shape of a circle
      ok the new test draw a circle fill in the section from 1100 and 100 just like a clock leaving space on either side of 1200

those filled in spaces are what hrv1 [1100] and hrv2 [100] test

the new test does all the rest it gives you reading on the whole circle. this test does have some sensative stuff so only you will be able to see the findings not even the project admin will see it. it will tell you all about the H mtdna i might do it when i get 900$ for each my moms and my wifes h2a and h7

another answer to the request we need more markers

Comment

Interestingly, the sample given by vraatyah is from the Caucasus. I am an ethnic Armenian, and Armenia is one of the 3 ex-Soviet republics of the Caucasus. Who knows, maybe that sample may be a distant relative

Comment

Cobra,

I have ordered that test. I should fine out about it at the end of this month.
          Reason I ordered it is because I have no Mutations.

Comment

CRS is another story.

Comment

MtDNA Refine test/Tracegenetics ReAnalysis test

Has anyone taken either of these tests? If so, what is the difference between the two?

Comment

Difference in tests?

Goodmorning everyone...

Have my results from the geno project. Im in Haplogroup H with 182c,183c,189c,356c and 519c mutations.

My question:

I want to upgrade to find out more info on the mtDNA without going to the $800 test. The choices given are Haplogroup H refinement for $89 or the mtDNA Male or Female maternal refinement for $75.

What are the differences between the two? Does one test provide more information than the other or different information? It appears to me I have to decide what specific information is more important, however I cannot make that decision without knowing the differences and the data out their is very confusing at this point in my knowledge of DNA.

So....can anybody help me out in laymens terms?

Comment

It seems people are not satisfied knowing just the Haplo group..everybody wants a little more...(me included)

I would consider getting the H Refinement myself. ($89)
                  I believe that might give you a sub-group of "H"

I haven't heard anyone discuss the Mega test ($795)

Comment

Working...
                  X