• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevo
    replied
    Here's what Dr. Jim Wilson of BritainsDNA has to say about L21 (S145):

Originally posted by Dr. Jim Wilson
    Your ancestors, those who carry the R1b-S145 marker, probably came to Britain and Ireland some time around 2,500BC and after a fine pottery they made, they were called the Beaker Folk.
    So, he is pretty obviously in Dr. Hammer's camp but also within the recent end of the time window given by Dr. Wells.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Dr. Wells is moving in Dr. Hammer's direction; he just hasn't quite arrived yet. Not too long ago, Wells and the Geno Project site had R1b re-populating the Isles nearly 10,000 years ago, soon after the LGM, which it supposedly spent holed up in the Franco-Cantabrian Ice Age Refuge.

If he is now saying 5,000-2500 BC, that represents quite a shift forward in time. And notice the size of that window: as recently as 2500 BC, which is Bronze Age and corresponds to the arrival in the Isles of the Beaker Folk.

Leave a comment:

replied
    If Dr Wells was seeking evidence of ancient dna in Ireland then he went to the right area. He has found lots of it. His age for R1b in western Ireland is at odds to that which Dr Hammer stated.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I cant see a lot of the one hundred Mayo people that tested with NG making their results public.

Leave a comment:

started a topic Mayo dna

Mayo dna

There are two dna maps relating to the Mayo testers on the NG site.The MT map shows U5 in the 8000-5000 BC time frame.I hope that some of them will transfer their results to FTDNA . I might have a U5 match.
    R1b which is 88% is shown in the 5000-2500 BC time frame which is a different view than the one given recently at a dna conference.
Working...
X