Mayo dna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I don't believe it that one man 4000 years ago is the ancestor of 300 million R1b men today. It may work out on computer but I live in the real world.
    You have to take into account the growth in human knowledge, that's when the European population truly started to increase. Infant mortality started to decrease as sanitation and medical knowledge increased in Europe.

I don't normally quote wiki but this is quite a good set of facts:

During the European Agricultural and Industrial Revolutions, the life expectancy of children increased dramatically.[48] The percentage of the children born in London who died before the age of five decreased from 74.5% in 1730–1749 to 31.8% in 1810–1829.[49][50] Between 1700 and 1900, Europe’s population increased from about 100 million to over 400 million.[51] Altogether, the areas of European settlement comprised 36% of the world's population in 1900.[52]

Population growth in the West became more rapid after the introduction of compulsory vaccination and improvements in medicine and sanitation.[53] As living conditions and health care improved during the 19th century, the United Kingdom's population doubled every fifty years.[54] By 1801, the population of England had grown to 8.3 million, and by 1901 it had reached 30.5 million; the population of the United Kingdom reached 60 million in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

Comment

I can very easily see how one man, under the right set of circumstances, could be the single y-dna progenitor of millions of other men, especially given enough time. If that man was a tribal king or chief with access to numerous wives, concubines, etc., and his sons were similarly placed as elite, with access to numerous wives, etc., it would not take long for a tremendous expansion of that single y-dna lineage to take place, especially if at least some of those sons spread out and advanced into new territory, accompanied by their extended families.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
        I can very easily see how one man, under the right set of circumstances, could be the single y-dna progenitor of millions of other men, especially given enough time. If that man was a tribal king or chief with access to numerous wives, concubines, etc., and his sons were similarly placed as elite, with access to numerous wives, etc., it would not take long for a tremendous expansion of that single y-dna lineage to take place, especially if at least some of those sons spread out and advanced into new territory, accompanied by their extended families.
        Exactly what I was thinking. An example of a king or chief with high status and a large amount of descendants would be someone like Genghis Khan.

Comment

There are 834 men at ysearch with the 12 markers that were found in the Lichtenstein man from 3000 years ago.That doesnt mean that they are descended from him.It is most likely that he was L48 and that still doesnt mean that they are all descended from him.
          So having the same markers and the same SNP shows a relationship but it doesnt mean descendant.
          The same can be said of any other group like M222 etc.
          Last edited by 1798; 27 November 2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
            There are 834 men at ysearch with the 12 markers that were found in the Lichtenstein man from 3000 years ago.That doesnt mean that they are descended from him.It is most likely that he was L48 and that still doesnt mean that they are all descended from him.
            So having the same markers and the same SNP shows a relationship but it doesnt mean descendant.
            The same can be said of any other group like M222 etc.
            Who was using 12 markers to claim descent?

Comment

Working...
            X