GM animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM animals

I read an article last year about how scientists have identified and can alter the gene that grows horns in cattle to make it safer for farmers.
    If they want to save the Elephant they could alter the gene that grows tusks.

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I read an article last year about how scientists have identified and can alter the gene that grows horns in cattle to make it safer for farmers.

And they will introduce a gene to humans that will make them harmless like a pet dog. Perpetual slavery for most and super race for a few chosen ones(rich) is on the horizon.

Comment

I would settle for a gene that would make a person share genomes, answer emails and publish public family trees. ;')

You know, the antithesis of the "me, me, me" gene.

Comment

Elephants are wild animals that need their tusks to defend themselves against lions and other predators.

Comment

The major problem with humans is they think that nature is there to be dominated and controlled. Genetically manipulating animals is just an extension of that, animals aren't respected they are viewed as human play things, since the 19th century humankind has tried to tame the natural world and control it with disastrous results.

If anyone needs genetically altering it's humans

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
            Why not alter the gene that causes some humans to want things made of ivory and leave the elephants as they were created.

Comment

Working...
            X