Limited Males in the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Males in the family

My father was the only male child in a family with two kids. He and my mother produced three girls. If I'm interested in pursuing my father's family, is it correct that the sample must be from him? And the information from sample from me would only show results on my mother's side?

Originally posted by Blondie56
    My father was the only male child in a family with two kids. He and my mother produced three girls. If I'm interested in pursuing my father's family, is it correct that the sample must be from him? And the information from sample from me would only show results on my mother's side?
    yeah
    here is what to do test dad then if mom has a brother test him
    this gives you your dads dad ydna and his moms mtdna
    and your uncles & moms mtdna which is yours and your mom's dad ydna

being a genealogist you can find them

Comment

Hi Blondie56

If you are after the Y gene (male test) the simple answer is yes if your father is willing, he is the one to ask to take the Y gene test for you. If he isn't willing, then one of your fathers brothers or cousins of the same surname will work.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
        yeah
        here is what to do test dad then if mom has a brother test him
        this gives you your dads dad ydna and his moms mtdna
        and your uncles & moms mtdna which is yours and your mom's dad ydna

being a genealogist you can find them

sometimes we forget we are genealogists i dont just do mt dads dad and his dad i do uncles and sisters and the same for his mom and my moms dad since the real genes i got all came from them all. they are part of the story as much as my dad and my moms mom is.
        several medical genetic problems which is why i got into genealogy in the first place came from my dads mom [malones]
        i want to know all about them and ydna and mtdna are all part of it .
        i dont just worship at the ydna alter at least in the sence of just my denning line. sometimes i think thats what scares the reg genealogists and i can understand their point

Comment

Working...
        X