Love Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Child

So how would I use these tests, and whom else would I have to get to do the test to verify my family tree link?

My grandmother was born a "love child," and my mother was born a "love child." My grandmother kept her grandfather's name Delgado, and my mother took her father's name Mumper. My grandma didn't know her father, but somehow always told us he was Irish, but in my research I found that he was German [Maag]. I cross referenced the information on my grandma's birth certificate with the Los Angeles City Directories and found a very close match, however, I would like to find more to clarify my findings. Same story on my mother; her father was a U. S. Navy, and I have a good link, but he was already married. Everything else seems to fit, but I still need that extra clarification. My mother is gone, and my grandma is gone. I only know my mother's half brother's and sisters, and my grandma's brother's had a different father from what I can tell, so far. I don't know them, and I don't know if they are still around.

Would I be able to get my half aunt tested to verify my grandma's father?

Could I be tested to verify my mother's father?

My father is Japanese, so I have that part. My grandma has always said that her grandfather [Delgado] was Spaniard, and her great grandmother was Navaho, but I’m not sure those are the stories told.

Maybe this link will give you hope

Boy finds anonymous father

This is an article about how a young boy using internet resources, specifically FTDNA, was able to find an unknown father and family line. I like it because it shows how FTDna was just one of the resources he used to find his genetic father. With all of the resources online, the chances of reconnecting a family is improving every day. I know the article does not exactly match your situation, but I wanted it to give you hope and maybe some alternative ideas on your quest.

Good luck on your search!

Comment

I missed your questions

Originally posted by oKawa
      So how would I use these tests, and whom else would I have to get to do the test to verify my family tree link?

Would I be able to get my half aunt tested to verify my grandma's father?

Could I be tested to verify my mother's father?

My father is Japanese, so I have that part. My grandma has always said that her grandfather [Delgado] was Spaniard, and her great grandmother was Navaho, but I’m not sure those are the stories told.
      To verify your grandma's father, you'd need a male of that line, if you were just using FTDna. Same holds with you, you'd need to have a brother of your mother tested since no Y DNA passed to you from the maternal grandfather. I can't answer you about what you could do with a paternity test instead of the Y-DNA test.

Comment

Working...
      X