Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont understand!!

Hello,

I have seen my HVR 1 and HVR 2 results online but I havent yet received my snailmail results.
    In english, please, what is:
    HVR 1
    HVR 2

I know now I am Haplogroup I. Cool!

My results show 86 people matching me. Some are HVR1 and some are HVR 2. There are zero matches for HVR1 AND HVR2. So what does this mean?

Of those 86 matches, one person has my maiden name and another has my great-grandmother's maiden name? Should I contact these two? What do I say? Do I contact any of the others?

Any enlightment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Mary

Originally posted by maryliz
    Hello,

I have seen my HVR 1 and HVR 2 results online but I havent yet received my snailmail results.
    In english, please, what is:
    HVR 1
    HVR 2

I know now I am Haplogroup I. Cool!

My results show 86 people matching me. Some are HVR1 and some are HVR 2. There are zero matches for HVR1 AND HVR2. So what does this mean?

Of those 86 matches, one person has my maiden name and another has my great-grandmother's maiden name? Should I contact these two? What do I say? Do I contact any of the others?

Any enlightment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Mary

the closer to you as you are the closer the person other numbers push them or you back in time [30,000yrs] the more different number the futher back

There are zero matches for HVR1 AND HVR2. So what does this mean?
    it means they havent tested your match

Of those 86 matches, one person has my maiden name and another has my great-grandmother's maiden name? Should I contact these two? What do I say? Do I contact any of the others? I WOULD CONTACT THEM TELL THEM YOU MATCH AND SHARE THE NAMES YOU GIVE LOCATIONS AND TIMES
    THE BEST THING TO DO IS UPDATE YOUR TREE
    but say hey my malones were in longford 1800-1910 maybe you can give births and other tree info\
    this will allow those people to check for location and time which the key to mtdna the ability to be sisters or aunts

i run locational mtdna projects as listed in my signature and 4 surname projects

Comment

Working...
    X