Simple answers anywhere?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple answers anywhere?

I just got emialed my results. I have read the FAQs. My mother set this up and told me I would finally have some answers about my ethnic makeup, I understand this not the right test for that, but what did this test tell me?

I have emailed several of my 'high resolution' matches and they have been helpful, I understand I am a T2.

What is the diff. between a high and low match?
    What exactly is in common between myself and one of my 'high' resolution matches?

Did this test just tell me what daughter of Eve I came from? And aren't there like a billion other T2s in the world?

your sequence?

Comment

Strasvoite

eta shto vye hoteete?

lol sorry for the terrible spelling, forgot transliteration...
      is this what you are looking for?

HVR1 Haplogroup
      T2

HVR1 differences

from CRS
      16126C

16294T

16296T

16304C

16519C

HVR2 differences

from CRS
      73G

263G

315.1C

Comment

>shto vye hoteete

exactly. Unfortunately, this variant has no specific mutations indicative of its origin. Tons of european hvs1 and 2 match your type, from Ireland to Russia from Norway to Portugal. More likely late paleolithic european variant.

ps - that's a perfect transliteration of Russian

Comment

Thanks for the reply! So my fears are true. I was so excited about this test. I was also very excited to find that I had 11 'high resolution' matches. Now I see that it means very little.

Where did you study English? I assume your are Russian not the other way around.......

Comment

Originally posted by michellehale
            Where did you study English? I assume your are Russian not the other way around.......
            You've got manners! I assume you're a Yank, not the other way around.

Comment

Not sure I understand what I am looking at

I have received my results, says I am in Haplogroup H, with mtDNA L3. We are started in Africa -then M, N then R. If all it tells me is about Africa, I am missing something.

Comment

What is wrong with that assumption? Only due to your tag..... and what would be the negative with either?

Comment

Working...
                X