Downloading GEDCOM File Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading GEDCOM File Problem

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or not.
    I am a member of ancestry.com and recently purchased Family Tree Maker 2012. After exporting my family tree from FTM 2012 to my PC I uploaded it to FTDNA with no problem. I then tried numerous times to upload my file to ysearch and got the following message each time....
    500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I tried emailing ysearch regarding this problem but the email would not go through.
    If the problem was on my end I don't understand why I can upload the GEDCOM file to FTDNA but not ysearch.
    I would really like to have my tree on ysearch so that others seeking relations might find someone or something they have been searching for.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Sean

Downloading GEDCOM File Problem

The GEDCOM function on YSearch has not worked for a long time. No plans to fix it as far as I know.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
      The GEDCOM function on YSearch has not worked for a long time. No plans to fix it as far as I know.

Jim
      That sucks! Too bad ysearch doesn't display a notice stating that the GEDCOM function is inoperative at present.
      Thanks for answering my question. I've been wasting a lot of time trying to upload my GEDCOM.
      Sean

Comment

Working...
      X