Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my set ( where to compare?)

Haplogroup I (M170)
    I can bring back everyone with this familyname to one person around 1780 and before

DYS 19 16
    DYS 385a 15
    DYS 385b 15
    DYS 389-1 13
    DYS 389-2 16
    DYS 390 23
    DYS 391 10
    DYS 392 12
    DYS 393 15
    DYS 426 11
    DYS 439 11
    DYS 388 13
    Ik ben een Drent voor zo'n 600 jaar. wie lijkt er op mij met zo'n set? [email protected]
    Last edited by Henk Nijwening; 27 November 2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Y predictor

Hi,

That Y predictor is great, but I there is one marker field that is out of range
      for me: 389ii has either 0 or 22 and up and my reading is 17. A person I know
      has 16, which is simply not in the model.

Best regards,

Johan

Comment

Originally posted by johanwiegman
        Hi,

That Y predictor is great, but I there is one marker field that is out of range
        for me: 389ii has either 0 or 22 and up and my reading is 17. A person I know
        has 16, which is simply not in the model.

Best regards,

Johan
        Johan,

Add what the Genographic project reported as 389i to your 389ii score to get the 389ii score to use in the Predictor program and FTDNA scores. There are lots of questions on this in this forum and that is the general answer.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bbogue
          Johan,

Add what the Genographic project reported as 389i to your 389ii score to get the 389ii score to use in the Predictor program and FTDNA scores. There are lots of questions on this in this forum and that is the general answer.

Bill
          when I use this recalculating there is no change in the results of the Haplogroup, to be more precise I1b=I1c, both 22, this can become interesting when I find a 'relative'

Comment

M170 - Germany

I find via the Genographic Project that I too belong to Haplogroup I (M170). Further, the haplotype predictor puts me in the haplogroup I1a (based on 25 Y-STR loci). I live in the United States, though my paternal line originated in Germany, coming to St. Louis in the early/mid 1800's.

I'd also be interested in sharing information with anyone who might nave an interest in doing so.

Comment

do I see this right?

When (we) are from haplogroup 170, sometimes even more detailed does this includes that(withoud any exception) all our forfathers were M 170 ?
              (of course untill that forfather in the very past who got this mutation), but all the sons, grandsons untill now are from the same "source"
              To me it was more an extended family were-in the marker was carried over from father to a (male) nephews nephew, a group of hunters/ collectors who became farmers and finally setled in many cases in this area approx 2500 ago and stayed there stable until 1800. Is this a right vision? (that there was not an any stranger all this time)Any idea how many times M170 emerged)?did all the M 171-496 died out?

Comment

Deep Subclade I tests

I am awaiting results from batch 132 on my Deep Subclade I tests. It appears FTDNA has dropped the P40 test and the I1a1 subclade. Can anyone verify this and if so, explain why?
                Floyd Oakes

Comment

Deep Subclade I tests

Originally posted by fmoakes
                  I am awaiting results from batch 132 on my Deep Subclade I tests. It appears FTDNA has dropped the P40 test and the I1a1 subclade. Can anyone verify this and if so, explain why?
                  Floyd Oakes
                  I received the following response from FTDNA:
                  "When you calibrate a SNP panel in a ‘cocktail’ not all SNP reactions play nice in the sandbox, so to speak. When we have the initial results back from the DEEP haplogroup reaction we’ll look at all these that might be + for P40 and decide if we’ll add an addiotnal test to confirm P40 or now…if we do, we’ll do that grat5is."
                  Floyd Oakes

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Radiant
                    Hi cousin. I'm fellow M170, born in what used to be Jugoslavia. Nothing strange in your "geographic journey" resaults. As M170, you belong to subracial type "ATLANTHO-MEDITERRANEAN" which were the bearers of the megalit culture (f. ex. Stonehenge). I have collected some documents on this topic and will be more than happy to share it.

I don't know where you got your information that the inhabitants or builders of StoneHenge were from Jugoslavia?.

Here is a link to an Archer dug up near Stonehenge. 4300 yrs old. A study of his teeth suggest a growing up in the Alps region. Other burials found near have been connected through their teeth to Wales. That's not near Jugoslavia. or were the inhabitants of the Alps the same as the Jugoslavia people?

Have a look under "FINDS" at the Stone arrowHeads and flint knife, Copper Knives, Gold and other objects.

http://www.wessexarch.co.uk/projects...ry/archer.html

Comment

Haplogroup I

Originally posted by bbogue
                      Irubak, here is my data.

DYS 393 14
                      DYS 19 15
                      DYS 391 10
                      DYS 439 11
                      DYS 389-1 14
                      DYS 389-2 18
                      DYS 388 13
                      DYS 390 23
                      DYS 426 11
                      DYS 385a 14
                      DYS 385b 15
                      DYS 392 12

When I tried to use a haplogroup predictor program, I found that the 389-2 numbers were not given as choices. Later, I read that "conventions" differ depending on who is doing the typing and that to use the predictor program I should add the two 389 numbers (14 + 18) to get the 389-2 number to use in the program. Using the program gives me a strong relation to the I1c (continental) haplogroup. This was confirmed by email to one of the contacts on the webpage I used.

Would you mind posting (or private mailing) similiar information?

Regards,

Bill
                      Just got my results from NG and discovered that I'am associated with haplogroup I. My family roots are from Alburquerque, New Mexico and I was looking to verify my Indian and/or Spanish heritage. What a surprise!!
                      My results are somewhat similar to yours:
                      393-13
                      19- 14
                      391-11
                      439-11
                      389.1-12
                      389.2-16
                      388-14
                      390-23
                      426-11
                      385a-13
                      385b-15
                      392-12

Comment

Anyone interested in Hg I should visit the following site:

http://I-M26.BlogSpot.Com

It has a very interesting theory on the Stonehenge discussion above.

Also, to Valens: Hg I is quite common in Spain, so look no further!

Comment

Still mystery...

Just got preliminary results from the Batch 144:

"Your haplogroup assignment represents a partial result from your Deep Clade test. One or more SNP tests failed to produce a clear result. These SNPs are being rerun. However all the SNPs that provided a result through the testing are displayed so that you can see what you are (+) and which SNPs you can rule out (-) at this time."

M170+ M258+ P19+ M161- M21- M223- M227- M253- M26- M307- M72- P30- P37.2-

So apparently I don't belong to any known subclade...

Who am I!??

Comment

Irubak,

If you don't know this site, check out www.northwestanalysis.net and email Ken Nordtvedt with your STRs and SNP results you just got, he knows a lot about the different groups of I. Let us know what he says.

Bernie

Comment

Bernie, thanks a lot for your suggestion!
                              I'm gonna contact Ken Nordtvedt and let's see what he can say.
                              Meanwhile maybe FTDNA will come up with some new results as well...

Comment

Just received a prompt reply from Ken:

"M170+, M258+, and P19+ indicate you are in haplogroup I

M253-, M307-, and P30- indicate you are NOT in I1a
                                P37.2- indicates you are NOT in the old I1b = I1b1 in new tree (see
                                www.northwestanalysis.net )
                                M223- indicates you are NOT in the old I1c = I1b2a in new tree

I believe you will end up being I* or I1*

The missing SNP from your deep clade test is P38. If you are P38- you are
                                I*, the most ancient clade of haplogroup I. If you are P38+ you will be I1* "

The mist starts to clear

Comment

Working...
                                X