DNA Test Reveals Man Not Who He Thought He Was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Test Reveals Man Not Who He Thought He Was

I ran across this article and thought of all of our friends here that are adoptees looking for family. Here is the story of a stolen baby and an abandoned baby.I hope there is a happy outcome some day.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...hought-he-was/

Originally posted by Mlawton View Post
    I ran across this article and thought of all of our friends here that are adoptees looking for family. Here is the story of a stolen baby and an abandoned baby.I hope there is a happy outcome some day.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...hought-he-was/
    Amazing story.

Are there any additional details regarding the DNA-testing involved ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lklundin View Post
      Amazing story.

Are there any additional details regarding the DNA-testing involved ?
      There's a Facebook page dedicated to his case. May be able to get info on the DNA testing via it:

https://www.facebook.com/WhoIsPaulFronczak

In this clip he's shown with a mouth swab. Not sure if it's the same type of kit he used originally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKldbc16hZ0
      Last edited by gtc; 1 June 2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

One plus to his life story is how good his adopted parents were to him. It really is a poignant story. I heard him interviewed on the radio recently (I think it was Coast 2 Coast AM) I hope he finds the answers he is seeking.

Comment

I think the amazing part of that story are his parents. They just raised him as their own and loved him. That is what a true parent is. To many people say they want children but few are willing to accept them as they are.

It would be nice for them to find the birth son and for him to find his birth parents but he really did get lucky in being matched with this couple.

I just have to say what was the FBI thinking though? That is some crazy kind of non-science! Because his ears matched? Eye distance, color, fingerprints, birth marks, bone defects, etc. Ears? If they are severely misshapen and correspond with several other markers- maybe.

I am sure he will find some distant cousins and maybe a closer math to help him along.... Where did he test?

Comment

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/220800...emains-mystery

After watching this video, it became clear that he was not the biological son of the man the FBI thought was his father however, did they test his mitochondrial DNA to see if he was a match to his mother?

Hope he finds his answers in life.

Comment

I think it is interesting that CBS is acting like this is an unusual story. The kidnapping that ended up involving someone else only adds some strangeness to this story. Because of our archaic adoption laws there are unnumbered 1000s of us out there that do not know anything about ourselves. I was left at an orphanage at age 6 weeks and knew nothing about who or what I was. That is nothing new in the USA. That is one of the reasons I support open adoption where at a certin age the child can know what there is to know about his or her people.... Claude

Comment

Originally posted by mollyblum View Post
                I think the amazing part of that story are his parents. They just raised him as their own and loved him. That is what a true parent is. To many people say they want children but few are willing to accept them as they are.

It would be nice for them to find the birth son and for him to find his birth parents but he really did get lucky in being matched with this couple.

I just have to say what was the FBI thinking though? That is some crazy kind of non-science! Because his ears matched? Eye distance, color, fingerprints, birth marks, bone defects, etc. Ears? If they are severely misshapen and correspond with several other markers- maybe.

I am sure he will find some distant cousins and maybe a closer math to help him along.... Where did he test?
                The parents wanted a child. The one found, Paul, was good enough for them. And of course they raised him as their own - they wanted to be parents and that need trumped the truth about who this boy really was. What would have made these two good parents, was if they had tried to learn what happened to Paul's mother and father and the circumstances in 1965 that led him to be left in a stroller in front of a building. They also dismissed his obvious interest in knowing more about his life and real identity when he asked years later. That's horrible parenting.

I really hope he discovers his identity through DNA testing.

Comment

Working...
                X