Project name change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project name change

The AbruzzoItaly Project is now the Abruzzo, Lazio, and Molise Project in order to better represent the historical relationship between these three Italian regions. Anyone who has direct paternal and/or maternal lineage from any of these regions is invited to join us.

Vinnie,

My mom's results came back but all 880 are Ashkenazi Jew despite her being 25% Abruzzi Italian. Her father was half Abruzzi through his father who came to the US from Casacanditella, Chieti Italy and half Westphalian German (non-Jewish). Her mother was 100% Jewish. Dr. McDonald did her PF sample and came up with approximately 25% Italian/Spanish/So. Italian depending on the different mixes he tried so it is definitely there even if it doesn't show up in her matches.

Should I still join? I am trying to research the family further than I have. I only know the names of my ggrandparents and that they were also living in Casacanditella Italy. The rumor is that the family surname- P├ęca- is originally from Albania and that they came over around 1500 to avoid being forced to convert to Islam by the Moors. But this is just a rumor.

I just find it odd that she doesn't have one Italian match. I am thinking of trying to convince her brother to test-YDNA and possibly FF. Would YDNA distinguish between Albania and Abruzzi Italy?

Amybeth

Comment

Amybeth, send me a join request through the project and I'll put you and anyone else in your situation who wants to join into a special cluster. Have you had a male relative from your grandfather's line test? If so, you can have him join as well.

Comment

Working...
      X