ydna 12 to ydna 111 upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    The one person in my small J1 cluster who ordered 111 has provided me with the incentive I needed to upgrade. Since we're trying to learn as much as we can about this basal cluster, I hope all six of us will be at 111 eventually so we can determine the most accurate TMRCA.
    I was hoping to upgrade with the DNA Day sale, but it's not included. Hope it will be next time around.

Comment

I was hoping to upgrade with the DNA Day sale, but it's not included. Hope it will be next time around.
      The sale notice said that they plan to include YDNA upgrades during the Father's Day sale. Look for it in June.

On the plus side, $169 for FF is the cheapest it's ever been!

Comment

Vinnie,

The announcement sent to project administrators about the current sale included this information: "We are pleased to announce our 2013 DNA DAY Promotion. While the special pricing features all the major tests, we’re placing particular emphasis on the Full Mitochondrial Sequence and Family Finder. We’ll offer Y-DNA upgrades during a Father’s Day sale and will give you those details at that time."

However, I received a second announcement about the sale which had no mention of a Father's Day sale for yDNA upgrades. Perhaps FTDNA decided that that would detract attention from the current sale and took it out of the second announcement. Or perhaps they decided not to have the yDNA sale in June. A call to FTDNA might be able to clarify that.

Comment

I noticed that the upgrade from the 12 marker yDNA test to 37 markers is $119.
          It is the same price as the regular 37 marker test.

Someone who spent $39 on the 12 marker test ends up spending $158 total to upgrade to 37 markers.

I'd be PO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post

Someone who spent $39 on the 12 marker test ends up spending $158 total to upgrade to 37 markers.

I'd be PO'd.
            I Agree - I ordered the 12 marker about a month ago and was planning to upgrade as soon as the sale came out but now I guess I should have waited because going to 37 or 67 will cost me more.

Bummed.

Comment

I'd be PO'd.
              Originally posted by Kevin? View Post
              I Agree - I ordered the 12 marker about a month ago and was planning to upgrade as soon as the sale came out but now I guess I should have waited because going to 37 or 67 will cost me more.

Bummed.
              While it is understandable to be disappointed, and I too would of like to see it cheaper, In my opinion it is reasonable.
              It is always cheaper to go to furthest level of testing originally then to do it in incremints. Sale or no sale

Doing it in increments just means it is a little easier on the pocket book.

Comment

$119 is the sale price for the full 37-marker test -- that's not an upgrade price.

The project price to upgrade from 12 to 37 is only $99, so people who started with the $39 12-marker test will actually end up paying slightly less ($138) than the normal project price for 37 markers ($149).

Elise

Comment

There are slated to be some special sales on Y tests announced for Fathers Day.

Comment

Working...
                  X