Ireland's DNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irelandsdna

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement, I sure need them, my son is in most projects relevant to him his long number is 12a2a1a1a.................. I am not knocking Irelandsdna it is very good value, and they are an efficient company. I suppose I am feeling frustrated, because I am not sure where to go next. Julie

Comment

As an Irish person who has done a dna test, I would say from what I've read on most Irish genealogy websites/Forums that FTDNA would the most popular for Irish people testing, and then a lot transfer their data to GedMatch aswell, along with various Facebook pages who then share their gedmatch numbers....

Comment

Irelandsdna

Thank you loudam, yes I have had a fair bit of success with FTDNA, just not close enough yet, I have tested 7 people with them, my Son who had an Irish Father, is the most important to get to grips with, so he has tested out to Y111 AND indeed found a match in the States matching 107/111 but the experts reckon it is probably about an 8th cousin. Incidentally in an earlier post I gave the wrong number the numbers change quite often,whilst new SNP'S are found so we have to be alert, it is now I2c2a1c1. Julie

Comment

Hi Dello

I have zero knowledge yet of DNA tests, I'm waiting on my first test results...

If you need any help with your sons fathers side in terms of the genealogy side let me know and I might be able to help.....

Comment

Originally posted by dello View Post
            Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement, I sure need them, my son is in most projects relevant to him his long number is 12a2a1a1a.................. I am not knocking Irelandsdna it is very good value, and they are an efficient company. I suppose I am feeling frustrated, because I am not sure where to go next. Julie
            Here is a map of your son's group.
            http://www.semargl.me/en/dna/ydna/map-snp/595/

Comment

Ireland's DNA doesn't do any matching, does it? I thought that company just drills down to give you your terminal SNP.

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Working...
                X