Result based vacation :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result based vacation :)

My friend and I decided that our next vacation would be to whatever areas our results came out to be.

I've come across different regions with the results we had. In your opion, what would be the general region (with today's countries/boundries)
    for these results?

I'm haplogroup V 16298C
    She's haplogroup U 16134T, 16356C, 16519C

Thanks in advance!

V and U

Whie V could be Scandinavian mostly, U is too wide spread. You may have to trek from Europe, fly over parts of North Africa, hike through the Middle east and reach India to cover all of U. Its going to be a long journey. Happy vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bean
      My friend and I decided that our next vacation would be to whatever areas our results came out to be.

I've come across different regions with the results we had. In your opion, what would be the general region (with today's countries/boundries)
      for these results?

I'm haplogroup V 16298C

Thanks in advance!
      You'd probably want to go to Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and Spain. The V is more common in scandinavia and basque/northeast spain, the U (U4 you are probably) is more common in the baltic region and siberia. Sounds like a fun trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean

for these results?

I'm haplogroup V 16298C

Thanks in advance!

YOU CAN DO ALL THAT THE OTHER SAID CORRECTLY
        or you can go where your people originally came probably whole towns or clans came there .just so you dont break trumps bank account

Comment

Hi

Just following on this idea. Where could I go on holiday with Haplo Group J*?

Comment

J

Try this site,
            http://www.kerchner.com/haplogroups-mtdna.htm

it says
            "J*: The mitochondrial haplogroup J contains several sub-lineages. The original haplogroup J originated in the Near East approximately 50,000 years ago. Within Europe, sub-lineages of haplogroup J have distinct and interesting distributions. Haplogroup J* — the root lineage of haplogroup J — is found distributed throughout Europe, but at a relatively low frequency. Haplogroup J* is generally considered one of the prominent lineages that was part of the Neolithic spread of agriculture into Europe from the Near East beginning approximately 10,000 years ago. Bryan Sykes in his Seven Daughters of Eve book named this mtDNA haplogroup Jasmine."
            Last edited by Digging_DNA; 29 September 2005, 02:53 PM. Reason: Wrong haplogroup

Comment

It would be an interesting but dangerous trip. J* probably began near the Kurdish region of Iraq. This was followed by a western migration via Syria and Arabia to the Mediterranian coast including what is now Isreal and Lebanon. The route mentioned in the Bible goes from southern Iraq (Ur) to northern Syria and eventually to Isreal.

Comment

Malka, were you referring to the Y haplogroup or the Mtdna haplogroup? If it was the female line, J* also originated near the Iraq-Iran area. One path headed to the west and the northeast Mediterranian and Black Sea coasts. A second path went northeast to Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan) and eventually to western Siberia. At that point, the route turned west to Russia and Eastern Europe.

Comment

P.S. Different migration paths for Mtdna haplogroup J* are based on different sources, Ftdna emphacizes a southern European route near the Mediterranian, National Geographic (Spencer Wells) shows an eastern European route from the Black Sea and Stephen Oppenheimer ("The Real Eve") describes the Central Asian route. Haplogroup J first appeared around 50,000 years ago, split into subclades about 30,000 years ago and entered Europe around 10,000 yars ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X