Haplogroups by Country at FTDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplogroups by Country at FTDNA

Does FTDNA have a chart/table showing the distribution of haplogroups by country, for only those people who have their sample with FTDNA? (I can find generic ones in quite a few places, I am interested in the samples with FTDNA)

When can I find something close?

thanks

Originally posted by Digging_DNA
    Does FTDNA have a chart/table showing the distribution of haplogroups by country, for only those people who have their sample with FTDNA? (I can find generic ones in quite a few places, I am interested in the samples with FTDNA)

When can I find something close?

thanks

ysearch has one as do alot of others but they arent ususaly recent
    i am irish e3b with alot of irish matches no maps show them at all
    i guess its hard to keep up with it

so much so little time

Comment

I know where to find HapMaps

Hi Denning,I have some HapMap Charts that I got from http://www.worldfamilies.net. I learned of the site right from this FamilyTreeDNA Forum.It was listed by a man about a year ago. Click the left hand side to see the Y-Chromcsome male Map and haplogroups and click the Mitochondrial listing to see the same thing for the females.

Comment

Go for Clade Maps

There are a variety of maps posted on haplogroups on the net, but none show the clades and subclades, which matter much more. The best thing to do is search for the specific haplogroup in which you are interested and look for recent scholarly papers on that haplogroup.

An excellent paper just came out by Semino, et. al. that contains clade and subclade maps for J and E, for example. If you can wade through the scholarly overuse of big words, they are worth reading.

You'd be surprised how many people post their shock that they are E3b (which sites always say originated in what is now Somalia 40-50,000 years ago) without understanding that their subclade is actually quite common in Europe, and is of a much more recent origin.

After all, we all know we originated in Africa, so most haplogroup-level testing tells us nothing new!

Comment

Readdress you

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
          Hi Denning,I have some HapMap Charts that I got from http://www.worldfamilies.net. I learned of the site right from this FamilyTreeDNA Forum.It was listed by a man about a year ago. Click the left hand side to see the Y-Chromcsome male Map and haplogroups and click the Mitochondrial listing to see the same thing for the females.
          I meant Hi,Digging DNA,that's who wrote,not Jim Denning

Comment

Working...
          X