Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking YDNA Samples in One Day

Hi Folks,
    I am hoping to take samples for YDNA testing from my dad who has Alzheimers. It is going to be difficult to take samples from him on two consecutive days. Will it be possible to do it on one day? I know that it's done on two days to assure that we get good samples, however, I may not be able to do that. Any ideas?
    Maria

It is difficult to believe it would make any difference, since it is not a requirement of Relative Genetics, Oxford Ancestors, or Ethnoancestry!

Comment

The instructions at http://www.ftdna.com/instructions.html suggest 8 hours between collection of the samples. My quess is this might allow time for anything in the mouth that could cause poor readings to disappear.

Comment

what i did

i was in a rush when i did mine at one time i dont recomend it but i did it
        i didnt drink or eat anything and i really swabbed one side each thing and i mean rally swab Deep in chin up near the tops of gums and the bottom where stuff hides
        you really have to scrap which might be a problem

Comment

I have had a test subject do one vial right after the other & the results have come through without a problem. I don't think the lab even looks at the second vial unless there is a problem with the first.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
            i was in a rush when i did mine at one time i dont recomend it but i did it
            i didnt drink or eat anything and i really swabbed one side each thing and i mean rally swab Deep in chin up near the tops of gums and the bottom where stuff hides
            you really have to scrap which might be a problem

I DID ONE HALF ON EACH STICK

Comment

Thanks

Hi Folks,
              Thanks to all who responded regarding my questions about taking DNA samples in one day.
              Kindest Regards,
              Maria

Comment

Working...
              X