Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

23 and Me spit vials (with the intent on transferring to FTDNA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1796 - Lucky you!

I just checked - 23andMe changed the 'Allow 4-6 weeks for processing' to 'Allow 6-8 weeks for processing'.

Comment

If they are lengthening their processing time it is likely due to an increase in kits coming in due to the price reduction.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my hit rate for people responding over the past couple of months has been significantly higher than it was prior to that. I think we're seeing a new demographic testing over at 23andMe that is much more open to sharing and genealogy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_mke View Post
        I think we're seeing a new demographic testing over at 23andMe that is much more open to sharing and genealogy.
        Does anybody know what fraction of FF and 23andMe test results that get uploaded to gedmatch ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lklundin View Post
          Does anybody know what fraction of FF and 23andMe test results that get uploaded to gedmatch ?
          Not sure, but I have tons of matches on Gedmatch. So much more than here.

Comment

Pillar_of_fire thanks very lucky indeed. I'm still surprised her sample passed. Good luck with your results. Like Mike indicated the wait times are longer now due to the large amount of new testers. And thankfully he reports more sharing recently.

Comment

Working...
            X