Family Tree DNA and MyHeritage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    Thanks! Found the old e-mail, signed up for the discounted price, and then received a new e-mail for the same deal. Additionally, Bennett was in the works on this; DNA testing will be integrated into the MyHeritage database of 65 million users. Looks like 23 and Ancestry may have a few million to catch up to after all.
    MyHeritage has also partnered with Geni.com recently in some capacity, so that database may get a little larger too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      You complain about the lack of vital records several time in this thread but I haven't seen any mention of what you are looking for.

Maybe someone else could suggest where you might look if we knew what you were looking for. Maybe the records you want don't exist. Maybe the source of the records won't release them. Maybe no one has bothered to index and/or make digital copies of the records.

I'll agree with you that as a rule the family trees at Ancestry aren't worth the space they take up. If they claim to provide sources they only point to another record that isn't documented.

Hi Jim, I complain about the lack of the vital records because it is true.
      To be very bluntly honest here, in the short time the Family Search web site has been online, which is a FREE service to everyone, I have easily obtained 600 BMD records on that one web site on my own family tree, records that are simply not available on the pay for web sites. Records that SHOULD be made available on the pay for web sites.

As a paying customer, we should not have to be made to go outside their service to obtain records that the paid service should have been providing all along. Does not matter which genealogical service we are paying for, if they simply do not have the BMD records available and we must resort to other means, then why pay for a service if they can not keep up with the customers needs?

Family Search isn't a 1 stop shop, not yet anyways, but honestly I have found 100's upon 100's more primary records at the Family Search web site then I ever found on Ancesry or MyHeritage combined!
      That is and has always been my complaint to the pay for web sites, that they all fail to provide us with enough BMD records to properly document our family trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Locke View Post
        That is and has always been my complaint to the pay for web sites, that they all fail to provide us with enough BMD records to properly document our family trees.
        Donald,

I'm not disagreeing with you. At least you have told us you want BMD, but we still don't know where you want to records to be from.

Have you indexed any records for Family Search? That is the best way I know of to get more records on line.

Comment

A possible relative of mine did DNA testing with MyHeritage. I did mine here. Both of us did Family Finder. Are the databases being combined, so we will be able to tell if the DNA shows a Match / relationship?

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
            ... Are the databases being combined, so we will be able to tell if the DNA shows a Match / relationship?
            The test purchased through MyHeritage.com are FT-DNA tests. There is no need to combine their results because the results were never separated.

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
              A possible relative of mine did DNA testing with MyHeritage. I did mine here. Both of us did Family Finder. Are the databases being combined, so we will be able to tell if the DNA shows a Match / relationship?
              I just started my tree at MyHeritage, and there is a DNA link on my account, but all it leads to is a test order page. I don't see anywhere on the site where FTDNA results can transferred or manually entered - hope there will be one soon. Also, it seems that the MyHeritage site and the worldvitalrecords site aren't working in sync either; I don't see a way of attaching records to my tree.

Comment

Working...
              X