Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emails from ftdna

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by travers View Post
    Anybody who has ever administered a project will tell you that FTDNA's notification system has always been broken, it has never been right to begin with.
    Beats me why their IT mob can't manage something as simple as emailing results notifications.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gtc View Post
      Beats me why their IT mob can't manage something as simple as emailing results notifications.
      It's because they lack the "avoidance of errors' gene or they are positive for the the "I don't give a bleep" gene.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by travers View Post
        Anybody who has ever administered a project will tell you that FTDNA's notification system has always been broken, it has never been right to begin with.
        What's never been right?

        In my experience, notifications usually work properly. Result and match notifications deliberately don't go out the instant the results or match is posted -- they are queued up and sent at 8pm Central (Houston time) every night.

        There are some things that notifications currently are not generated for -- such as completed individual SNP results and FF matches beyond Close & Immediate. I'm hoping FTDNA will start sending results notifications for individual SNP results soon and FF match notifications for Distant matches (3rd-4th cousins) -- requests have been submitted for both of these. I can understand why they aren't sending notifications for Speculative matches -- too many of those!

        Elise

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post
          It better be a glitch....my Mom was just notified that her deep-clade y-DNA results were ready.
          Nice; LOL

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by efgen View Post
            What's never been right?

            In my experience, notifications usually work properly. Result and match notifications deliberately don't go out the instant the results or match is posted -- they are queued up and sent at 8pm Central (Houston time) every night.

            There are some things that notifications currently are not generated for -- such as completed individual SNP results and FF matches beyond Close & Immediate. I'm hoping FTDNA will start sending results notifications for individual SNP results soon and FF match notifications for Distant matches (3rd-4th cousins) -- requests have been submitted for both of these. I can understand why they aren't sending notifications for Speculative matches -- too many of those!

            Elise
            I often get messages a few days after they appear on line. For example, I had a 2nd cousin match on 12/16, and the notification message was dated 12/20. I have mixed feelings about what level they should stop sending messages at. Being of European Jewish ancestry I drown in overpredicted matches. Besides for the single predicted 2nd cousin on 12/16, I had on that date 9 predicted 4th cousins and 18 speculative ones. I suppose that a single messages, sent the correct day, that you have matches would be good.

            Comment


            • #21
              As an admin of 6 projects at FTDNA I have to agree with Elise. Most of the time their notification system has worked for me. Yes, there have been a few bumps in the road, but most of the time it has worked very well.

              Comment

              Working...
              X