X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by dentate
    You would need a SNP test to determine that. It is an additional $65. But the catch is the delay. I have a similar situation with my uncle's DNA and I have been waiting 4 months so far for the results.
    I am curious, when you ordered the SNP test, were you given an expected date that was 4 months away, or was the expected date revised? I also ordered an SNP test which was due August 18, but the expected date on my personal page has not changed.

Leave a comment:

• DGerstenberger@
    replied
    Athey's haplogroup estimator is apparently in a state of flux, due, I am sure, to the rapid accumulation of new data.

On 2/11/2005, (Q was not on the list), on 42 Markers, I was 70 R1a, 18 R1b, 15 J2, all others single digit.

On 6/28/2005, (still no Q), I was 71 R1a, 19 J2, and 14 R1b, all others single digit.

Today, 8/24/2005, (with Q, and J replacing J2), I am now 72 R1a, 27 Q, 21 J, 18 R1b, 12 I1b, 10 E3b, 10 I1c, and the few remaining single digit.

Interesting, yes, but where did "Q" suddenly come from???

Leave a comment:

• dentate
    replied
    Y DNA type Q is found both in American Indians and in Europeans (probably of Central Asian origin), though these would be of different subclades (the American is Q3). It is related to R; both are descendants of P. With numbers like 53 and 55 you are not getting a clear answer as to which of these groups your relative really belongs to. You would need a SNP test to determine that. It is an additional $65. But the catch is the delay. I have a similar situation with my uncle's DNA and I have been waiting 4 months so far for the results.

Leave a comment:

• kat
    started a topic Haplogroup " Q "

Haplogroup " Q "

Hello ;I have put my cousins Y( 25markers ) results through a predictor of haplotypes program, His numbers are , Q -53 , R1b-55 . Does anyone have any info on '' Q '' ? Thanks ,KAT.
Working...
X