Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New look myFTDNA home page (beta)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New look myFTDNA home page (beta)

    The FTDNA elves have been busy overnight: they have given us a new look home page.

    Log in and take a look.

  • #2
    New Look myFTDNA home page (beta)

    Not crazy about the big logos, but some useful new info, especially match dates. They have added my mtDNA haplogroup from my Geno 2.0 transfer but left my Y haplogroup at L2 rather than Z49, as I have on Geno 2.0. I have indications of updates to my YDNA matches but didn't find any new ones. It also says that I have mtDNA matches, but the list page says I "didn't order this upgrade." I assume that's because my mtDNA data from Geno 2.0 hasn't been processed yet, so I hope that will be done soon.

    Jim

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
      Not crazy about the big logos, but some useful new info, especially match dates. They have added my mtDNA haplogroup from my Geno 2.0 transfer but left my Y haplogroup at L2 rather than Z49, as I have on Geno 2.0.
      My mtDNA haplogroup is at long last showing as I3b in line with the current Phylotree. Ever since I did FMS it was shown as simply hg I.

      They haven't changed my Y haplogroup declaration from R-L48, although I have long since tested much deeper to R-Z12. I guess they are still working on what to do with the impact of Geno 2 on the Y tree. It is expected that Spencer Wells will display some sort of new tree in his much-anticipated paper, but whether or not FTDNA bothers with trying to maintain a Y haplotree diagram in future is moot.

      I have indications of updates to my YDNA matches but didn't find any new ones. It also says that I have mtDNA matches, but the list page says I "didn't order this upgrade." I assume that's because my mtDNA data from Geno 2.0 hasn't been processed yet, so I hope that will be done soon.
      I have discovered a bug in my FF matches listing. My first (i.e. closest) match is listed twice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Updating still ongoing?

        My Y-DNA matches have changed quite a bit at 37 and 64 level, in that I have lost some. I wonder are the matches still being updated as I have a 65/67 match who I would assume would appear as a 37 level match and does not. I have also lost a previous 65/67 match altogether who now only matches at 12 marker level. Seems a little strange to me.

        I tried to click on the new strap-line which advises to click on if matches have changed

        Comment


        • #5
          Another bug. On many pages there's a message at the top saying:

          "Due to the recent upgrade of the Y-DNA matching system, your results may have changed. Please click here to understand how the upgrade may have affected you."

          ... but there's no link to click on. Perhaps the word "here" is meant to be clickable, but it's not.

          Comment


          • #6
            My two 12 marker matches have disappeared, can't access the y tree, nor all my mtDNA matches - Jim, I transferred my GENO results too, but I had already done the FMS, so not sure why all of my mtDNA isn't working unless there's "interference" from GENO. FF & PF seem to be working okay. I like the new setup!
            Last edited by vinnie; 12th December 2012, 08:33 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vinnie View Post
              My two 12 marker matches have disappeared, can't access the y tree, nor all my mtDNA matches. FF & PF seem to be working okay.
              Have you by chance uploaded Geno 2 results?

              I have now officially gained two (already known) Y matches at 111, albeit at 10 steps. I think they have increased the step count to 10.

              And I now have 1 official mtDNA match, whereas I have had zero to date.
              Last edited by gtc; 12th December 2012, 08:35 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gtc View Post
                Have you by chance uploaded Geno 2 results?

                I have now officially gained two (already known) Y matches at 111, albeit at 10 steps. I think they have increased the step count to 10.

                And I now have 1 official mtDNA match, whereas I have had zero to date.
                As above, as I did. Did you? Hmm, wondering if it would have been better to make these changes before people starting uploading GENO results...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vinnie View Post
                  As above, as I did. Did you? Hmm, wondering if it would have been better to make these changes before people starting uploading GENO results...
                  Yes, it seems that doing both at the same time is leading to complications.

                  I don't think I have any new Y matches--when I sort by date the latest is 9/6.

                  Am I correct that by transferring my Geno 2.0 data I should be getting some mtDNA matches, even though I didn't purchase a test from FTDNA?

                  Jim

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vinnie View Post
                    As above, as I did. Did you? Hmm, wondering if it would have been better to make these changes before people starting uploading GENO results...
                    No, I haven't done Geno 2, so it seems that the haplotree view is different depending on that. I still see the familiar tired old tree.

                    I think the problems we see are the result of poor testing. Seems to me that FTDNA IT uses what's known as the "Wright Bros Testing Methodology" --- you build something and then keep pushing it off a cliff until it files ... and it's the users who are the test pilots.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gtc View Post
                      I think the problems we see are the result of poor testing. Seems to me that FTDNA IT uses what's known as the "Wright Bros Testing Methodology" --- you build something and then keep pushing it off a cliff until it files ... and it's the users who are the test pilots.
                      That's funny! Thanks, I needed a good laugh right now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gtc View Post
                        I have now officially gained two (already known) Y matches at 111, albeit at 10 steps. I think they have increased the step count to 10.
                        111-marker matches have always gone out to 10 steps

                        Elise

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My distant Y matches at 37 and 64 have disappeared. I'm left with only 2 at a genetic distance of 2 on the 25.

                          I seem to have some additional FF matches, a page or so's worth, but they're not designated as new, so there's probably no way to find them, although I did note that at least one match is suddenly appearing twice. Weird.

                          A lot of secondary features don't seem to be working either – the tip function for example. Seems like it going live was a little premature.

                          Originally posted by efgen View Post
                          111-marker matches have always gone out to 10 steps

                          Elise

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have loads of new matches at FTDNA I have more 37 and 67 marker matches; albeit distant ones.

                            I even have FMS matches now! And they also gave me a new maternal haplogroup in line with what I am on Phylotree. My father also has FMS matches and the same haplogroup as he has on Phylotree.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE=NYMark;352708

                              A lot of secondary features don't seem to be working either – the tip function for example. Seems like it going live was a little premature.[/QUOTE]

                              Y matches map is also not working, and detailed Y haplotree still not loading.

                              Jim

                              PS--I've sent a feedback email on the assumption that the IT staff is not reading these posts. Suggest others do as well.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X