Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djknox
    replied
    I bet long term that FTDNA will be acquired by Ancestry.com... say sometime over the next 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• Julie Ann
    replied
    Ancestry.com Sale Investigated by Securities Attorneys

Ancestry.com Sale Investigated by Securities Attorneys at The Briscoe Law Firm and Powers Taylor, LL

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/10/...rities-attorn/

Leave a comment:

• andbro
    replied
    Ha ha hahah That will never happen.

Leave a comment:

• darroll
    replied
    I hope they will fix the bad information in the trees.

Leave a comment:

• Julie Ann
    replied
    Originally posted by gtc View Post
    Well, PE firms tend to want to see a fast ROI ... or it's an asset strip/fire sale to get out, especially in market downturns.

Let's see how this one pans out.
    Even if it is a good twin PE firm, there is always a learning curve, and they did not pay $$1.6 B for Anc. because they like surnames and the 1940 census. I am assuming they hope those little fluttering hint leaves turn to gold for them, one way another, good or bad twin scenario.

The questions are what will happen to subscription rates, and our data, and confidentiality issues.

Time to clean up the trees, read the hints and download to a Gedcom file, been meaning to do it any way.

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Well, PE firms tend to want to see a fast ROI ... or it's an asset strip/fire sale to get out, especially in market downturns.

Let's see how this one pans out.

Leave a comment:

• sjadelson
    started a topic ancestry.com being acquired

ancestry.com being acquired

European company Permira Funds is buying ancestry. We'll see what this changes.... Details here.
Working...
X