Y-DNA confirms Rene JULIEN as common ancestor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y-DNA confirms Rene JULIEN as common ancestor

A perfect match on 43 markers between John and Gary JULIAN with Gary showing a paper trail to the immigrant Rene through son, Stephen (1700)has recently been reported by DNA Heritage. John most probably is a 7th cousin maybe through Rene's son, George (1706).

The probability that Rene is our "Most Recent Common Ancestor" MRCA is better than 95% no longer than 7 generations back. This probability is based on a 37/37 match. John and I have a 43/43 match and Rene is 9 generations back. Our cousinship resulting from Y-DNA tests is most certainly shown to be descending from Rene.

John's earliest papered male ancestor is James Jefferson JULIAN (1805-1849) born in TN and married 1823 in Lawrence Co, AL to Martha C CRAIG. It appears that James' parents could be George (1770) and Rebecca McKENNA who appear in the 1830 and 1840 Blount Co, TN census records.

Does anyone have data on George's son James? This would help to either eliminate or accept him as John's ancestor.

This message encourages male JULIANs to get their Y-DNA tested and join the Surname Project. I would recommend a minimum of 37 markers and preferably more (the more the better).

I started in the fall of 2003 with 10 markers from OxfordAncestors in England, then to 25 markers with FTDNA in Houston, upgraded to 37 markers from FTDNA and finally to 43 markers from DNA Heritage. All labs have confirmed previously tested markers giving me comfort of the credability of the science.

Gary JULIAN of Aurora, CO

Remarkable to have a perfect match. Each of the 43 markers has survived probably more than 10 generations in two lines without a single mutation. That's over 860 opportunities to differ.

Comment

Is this the same Rene Julian who married a Mary Bullock in Bermuda? If so, I may be related. I don't have any Julian relatives I can get in contact with, but my greatgrandmother was a Julian.

Comment

JULIAN YDNA Surname Project

Originally posted by Elistariel
        Is this the same Rene Julian who married a Mary Bullock in Bermuda? If so, I may be related. I don't have any Julian relatives I can get in contact with, but my greatgrandmother was a Julian.
        Sorry for the late reply, I was not notified of your message - guess I need to edit my profile!!
        Yes, this the same Rene. Now we are up to 6 of us with perfect 43/43 matches, 3 from son George, 1 from son Isaac and 1 from son Stephen with the 6th unknown because of privacy policy and he left no contact info.

We are looking to add descendants of sons Peter and John to fill out the Y chromosome descendancy.

Visit www.julian-ydna.org
        Gary JULIAN of Aurora, CO

Comment

Update on JULIAN YDNA Surname Project

To date we have 6 male descendants of Rene JULIEN (1660-1744) with perfect 43/43 Y marker matches.
          3 of us descend from George (1706).
          1 descends from Isaac (1714)
          1 descends from Stephen (1700) and the other matches us but we know not who he is due to privacy policy and his not leaving a way to contact him.

We are looking for male descendants of Peter (1702) and John (1712) to be tested.

Anyone else with the surname JULIEN or any its variations are invited to join the YDNA Surname Project. So far we have 1 JULIAN who descends from an Italian line.

Please visit website:
          www.julian-ydna.org

Comment

Working...
          X