DNA Print Genomics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Print Genomics

This company is no longer in Biz, but did anyone here ever get their Ancerty by DNA 2.5? When I got the results back they gave me the list of markers they tested for (176 total) but they were labeled like this - #983 for example. I had no clue what the heck that corresponded to - not to this day. Does anyone know what markers they checked for and what their numbers correspond to? I would still like to research them.
    Last edited by JTR; 13 October 2012, 07:53 PM.

I think their patent listed some of the markers they intended to test, but the way they give you your results, there is no way to find out which is which, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      I think their patent listed some of the markers they intended to test, but the way they give you your results, there is no way to find out which is which, sorry.
      Was Kittles the guy with this company? If so I wonder if I could contact him? At the time of the test I was not that dissapointed because I was not interested in the research but now it just is a lingering ?.

Comment

The new company that gives the test may be able to answer the questiion, see here link removed
        Last edited by Darren; 14 October 2012, 09:08 PM. Reason: Please no links to ourtised company websites

Comment

[QUOTE=rdegnen;349092]The new company that gives the test may be able to answer the questiion, see here link removed

Yeah I contacted them by email and they thought I had the wrong company and did not understand my request. I may try again though - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JTR View Post
            Was Kittles the guy with this company? If so I wonder if I could contact him? At the time of the test I was not that dissapointed because I was not interested in the research but now it just is a lingering ?.
            No, Tony Frudakis was with DNAPrint, not Rick Kittles. Kittles is with African Ancestry.

The numbers like #983 were DNAPrint's internal numbers for various markers. If the new company is doing things the same way, they will provide a file that gives rs numbers for a few markers (from memory, about ten). I doubt they would reveal all of them, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
              No, Tony Frudakis was with DNAPrint, not Rick Kittles. Kittles is with African Ancestry.

The numbers like #983 were DNAPrint's internal numbers for various markers. If the new company is doing things the same way, they will provide a file that gives rs numbers for a few markers (from memory, about ten). I doubt they would reveal all of them, though.
              Thanks! Yeah it is a shame they don't reveal all of them. I do remember the the ones they did give rs numbers for and only found two online to research

Oh well! I got the new Geno 2.0

Comment

New Company

The name is of the new company is AncestrybyDNA.

Comment

Working...
                X