AncestryDNA survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AncestryDNA survey

Ancestry.com is sending out a survey to find out what members think about AncestryDNA so far...
    Everytime I selected disappointed I was asked to list the reasons why.

(I cannot download my results, I cannot compare results with others, I cannot search the database, I'm not given any Chromosome information, There is no place to make notes for people you match)... etc...

I wish I would have waited to take the survey so that I could list all of the things that I wish they had.

Since there are a lot of Ancestry members on here I thought I would post this thread so that others could be prepared for the survey. It would be nice if they get a lot of the same requests for improvement. They need improvement!

Originally posted by Neves View Post
    Ancestry.com is sending out a survey to find out what members think about AncestryDNA so far...
    Everytime I selected disappointed I was asked to list the reasons why.

(I cannot download my results, I cannot compare results with others, I cannot search the database, I'm not given any Chromosome information, There is no place to make notes for people you match)... etc...

I wish I would have waited to take the survey so that I could list all of the things that I wish they had.

Since there are a lot of Ancestry members on here I thought I would post this thread so that others could be prepared for the survey. It would be nice if they get a lot of the same requests for improvement. They need improvement!
    You can comment on their blog and send feed back.

Comment

I have already taken the survey. My responses reflected your concerns and those of most AncestryDNA customers.

Comment

I have read the Ancestry.com website about the results you can get from them. From what I have read, at least AncestryDNA does recognize that England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Poland, and Scandinavia are different countrys and it would be nice to know if your ancestors came from one or the other , rather than simply telling their customers EUROPE.

Comment

Originally posted by 507 View Post
          I have read the Ancestry.com website about the results you can get from them. From what I have read, at least AncestryDNA does recognize that England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Poland, and Scandinavia are different countrys and it would be nice to know if your ancestors came from one or the other , rather than simply telling their customers EUROPE.
          It would be nice. It's a shame it's not possible. German DNA is going to be virtually indistinguishable from Polish, French, Dutch, Danish, Austrian, etc. That's why most admixture analysis gives areas like Northern Europe as likely areas.

Comment

A survey is supposed to measure our personal opinions and attitudes, not those of other people lobbying to share their opinions. If I get that same survey, I will likely be giving high marks and making a few constructive suggestions.

Comment

Working...
            X