Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New kit ordered but password/number does not work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kit ordered but password/number does not work!

Today I ordered a kit for a new person. I was sent the kit# and password. The password is confusing with either an O or a 0. I tried to log in several times but always got the message either # or password were incorrect.

So do these things not work until the kit is returned?? Is there anyway that I can have someone tell me if the o is an o or zero?? Or if the 1 is a 1 or an l ?
    I tried every way I thought it might be and got the same message.

For my mom's kit it worked right away.

Comment

Originally posted by TMontes View Post
      Today I ordered a kit for a new person. I was sent the kit# and password. The password is confusing with either an O or a 0. I tried to log in several times but always got the message either # or password were incorrect.

So do these things not work until the kit is returned?? Is there anyway that I can have someone tell me if the o is an o or zero?? Or if the 1 is a 1 or an l ?
      I tried every way I thought it might be and got the same message.
      Not sure how soon you can log in after ordering, don't remember with my kits but know I could get on before kit was returned.

As for 0 or O, and 1 or l, I find that if you just copy and paste it recognizes the correct character.

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
        As for 0 or O, and 1 or l, I find that if you just copy and paste it recognizes the correct character.
        I agree, copy/paste the password if you aren't sure what the characters are. Just be sure that you don't accidentally copy/paste the space before or after the password, as that will cause it to be rejected too.

Once you log in, you can change the password under the My Account menu.

Elise

PS. There wouldn't be a lower-case letter in the assigned password -- so it would either be a one (1) or a capital I.

Comment

Your accounts

I filled in the info on the family kits I manage before the results were in so you should not have to wait. Good luck.

Comment

Copy and paste is what I do, but I wonder if you could also paste into a text edit program you have, and change the font to something in which the diff between the numeral and the letter aremore apparent?

Comment

THANKS-fixed it!!

You can tell I have a semi-computer-iliterate mind. I was able to figure things out w your advice! Thank You!!

Comment

Working...
              X